Sperzel locking tuners for SG 2013 Std?
Tritono9
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Gear Head

Sperzel locking tuners for SG 2013 Std?

Hi guys, I'll buy a SG 2013 Std model. I'll buy it overseas and I want to buy at the same time locking tuners for the guitar. Im looking into the Sperzel locking tuners because a lot of pro players are using them with success (like Guthrie Govan in his Suhr). I need to know if the Sperzels would work with the SG. These are the locking tuners Sperzel Tuner 3/3 Trimlock BK - Thomann UK Cyberstore

Thank you for the information
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

I love the Sperzel trimlock tuners, but you would have to drill new holes to accommodate them. No big deal - they'll work fine. But if you prefer to not alter your instrument, you might consider the TonePros TPKB3L Series Locking Tuners. TonePros-Kluson
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

you might find the sperzels, alter the balance of your instrument and make it headstock heavy.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

I've used the Kluson vintage style locking tuners for more than 3 years now and love them. Stable, locking key with authentic vintage styling is a beautiful thing.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
you might find the sperzels, alter the balance of your instrument and make it headstock heavy.
SG's are neck-heavy anyways. I'm not sure if the additional weight of the Sprezels would make a significant difference, but it couldn't help... Locking Kluson-style tuners make more sense, because they're a direct replacement, and they are surely lighter in weight.
27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Vibrato View Post
SG's are neck-heavy anyways. I'm not sure if the additional weight of the Sprezels would make a significant difference, but it couldn't help... Locking Kluson-style tuners make more sense, because they're a direct replacement, and they are surely lighter in weight.
I can tell you I bought a 6.5 lb Agile SG copy, it came with Grovers which really made the guitar headstock heavy, I swapped them out for Klusons and now the guitar balances much better.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search