New Reply
Subscribe
newjackruby
23rd December 2012
Old 23rd December 2012
Gear interested

Coil split diagram needed

Hello!

Probably been answered before. Did my best to search for old threads, so apologies if this is repeat.

I have a strat with a humbucker in the bridge, standard single-coils in the mid and neck.

I want to rewire to coil split the humbucker using an extra switch. Been looking all over for a diagram. Anyone have one bookmarked?

Thanks!
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Diagrams in every Duncan and Dimarzio pickup sold.

However... If all you want is a simple coil splitter, then you can take a tap off the bridging wires and shunt it to ground via the switch.

But wait, there's more!! If you want something even cooler, here's my old trick.

Connect a wire to the the "series" bridging wires between the two coils and connect them to a SPDT switch...on off on. Connect this new wire to the center tap on the switch, Connect one side to ground and the other to the hot on the pickup selector switch for the humbucker's output., Voila: Coil selector. 1 position is front coil, middle is normal humbucker and other position is rear coil. The option here is you choose the coil for sound in combination with the single coils PLUS you can see which coil humbucks with each single coil.

Last edited by Ward Pike; 26th December 2012 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: typos
26th December 2012
Old 26th December 2012
Lives for gear

Here is it Sir !

27th December 2012
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Send a message via AIM to fastlanestoner Send a message via MSN to fastlanestoner
guitarelectronics.com has some killer diagrams for any configuration you could imagine
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search