Login / Register

Best guitar cabinet for orange dual terror amp (30 watt)
New Reply
Subscribe
Solutionise
18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear interested

Best guitar cabinet for orange dual terror amp (30 watt)

I have bought a Orange Dual Terror head (30w) and looking for a good sounding cabinet to go with it.
At the moment i have the choice between a Vox Night Train 2x12 v30, Fender Supersonic 2x12 v30 and the Orange ppc212 (2x12 v30).
Which one would you recommend? Open back or closed back?
Genre of music: alternative rock, some cleans and some overdriven parts.
Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 7
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Gear interested

I just picked up an Egnater Rebel 112 for my dual terror and I love it (got it for a great price) However they are never really that expensive. Under $300 and built very well. Closed back cabs will give you a more direct sound path more than an open back. It will also effect you bass response. Personally for the Terror I would get a closed back if it were a Fender or an amp with very versatile Clean sounds I would get an open back.
Bottom line try em out!
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

i'd pick the orange. i use a tiny terror with that cab and really like it. it's a fairly deep cab also so it has good bass response. i'd say orange cabs with orange amps.

the fender is probably good also, i haven't used one. it's not as deep as the orange though.

i'm not sure that vox cab is worth the money. the 212bn would be the comparable cab to the orange and fender cabs you listed.
14th December 2012
Old 14th December 2012
Lives for gear

I recently picked up a small 1x10 Marshall speaker enclosure with a Celestion in it that sounds good. Another alternative is to get an Avatar cab which has the benefit of allowing you to choose what speaker you want in it.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search