Old 20th February 2012
Lives for gear

Baritone guitars

Anyone else catch the baritone bug? I got one a while back after I decided I liked the b-tuning of a 7 string, but hated the extra string.. now I'm hooked - I want more. Am I the only weirdo?
"-)
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

I just got a baritone that I'm loving. Mine's an acoustic though!
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Whigham View Post
I just got a baritone that I'm loving. Mine's an acoustic though!
Nice.. what is it? I just ordered my second one - will be here in a few days!
Old 27th February 2012
Gear nut

anyone thats into that 80s neworder ...cure ....cocteu twins sound needs a baritone!!

a flanger isnt optional.
Old 27th February 2012
Lives for gear

I ordered mine from Jeff Bamburg. He's out of Colorado. Great guitar. It's still new though - it will take a solid 6-12 months for the top to start opening up though.
Old 27th February 2012
Gear addict

Definitely caught the bug! I was very lucky to find a supercool
Jerry Jones double neck (guitar/baritone).
Love it!
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear
I've had one or another for a few years, had an Alembic for a while. No question they sound cool, although it wouldn't be my only flavor.
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I ordered mine from Jeff Bamburg. He's out of Colorado. Great guitar. It's still new though - it will take a solid 6-12 months for the top to start opening up though.
Wow.. just looked at his site - some beautiful work!

What scale length is yours?
Old 28th February 2012
I have a Danelectro Longhorn Baritone that I like very much. I never even changed the strings it came with and I only play it when I need it on a recording. Great for Tic-Toc and I also got a mean Reggae skank out of it recently.

What I like about reissue Danos is that you can buy a full rack of them for 'speciality' uses and still spend less than you would for any 'serious' guitar. I'm getting OT but I have a 12-string, 59-DC converted with a sitar bridge, a Convertible semi-acoustic and said Baritone and they all are extremely useful.
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
I have a Danelectro Longhorn Baritone that I like very much. I never even changed the strings it came with and I only play it when I need it on a recording. Great for Tic-Toc and I also got a mean Reggae skank out of it recently.

What I like about reissue Danos is that you can buy a full rack of them for 'speciality' uses and still spend less than you would for any 'serious' guitar. I'm getting OT but I have a 12-string, 59-DC converted with a sitar bridge, a Convertible semi-acoustic and said Baritone and they all are extremely useful.
the Dano is a 30" right? That's that fine line between bari guitar and short-scale bass.

Mine are 28" and 27"
Old 28th February 2012
Gear Head

I picked up a Fender Bari Jag HH, and I love it. The humbuckers and hardtail are killer for doubling rhythm parts on heavy music. More of a beast than the regular Jag VI or Dano.
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Wow.. just looked at his site - some beautiful work!

What scale length is yours?
I went with a fanned fret model with a 28.5" lower scale and a 27" scale on the high strings.
Old 28th February 2012
Quote:
the Dano is a 30" right? That's that fine line between bari guitar and short-scale bass.
Yeah, it seems to be 30'', never even knew this.

The fine line between baritone and bass is exactly what I like about the Dano but it has a lot to do with the 'chambered' Masonite/Lipstick PU sonics of Danelectro axes in general.
Old 28th February 2012
Gear nut

yes recently infected... I absolutely love them... I don't own one but worked with one. The guy was a great player mainly volume swell on chords ... but awsome... dark ... just using room mikes .. huge sound.. gots to get me one...
Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I went with a fanned fret model with a 28.5" lower scale and a 27" scale on the high strings.
Ok.. now I'm demanding pics!!

Here's my 28" bari.. will post pics of the new one when it gets here tomorrow
"-)
Attached Thumbnails
Baritone guitars-img_0274sm.jpg  
Old 28th February 2012
Gear addict

Here's mine

Old 28th February 2012
Lives for gear

oooh.. doubleneck - double slutty!
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

My 2 baris.. 27" on left, 28" on right.
Attached Thumbnails
Baritone guitars-imag0622sm.jpg  
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Mine are 28" and 27"
My 59 reissue dano is 27".

and makes all those country sounds to a T when tuned to A.

I found it easier to know where I was chord wise and I got more growl.
Old 14th March 2012
Gear addict

Ibanez MMM1. I like this thing a lot. My guitarist (im a drummer) has 2, I got one recently on ebay (in terrible fuxored up condition, so im returning it) but I would recommend one. They're not easy to get but MAKE SURE you get good photos of it first before buying it. I got burned.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search