Login / Register

Will a good buffer only pedal screw up a filter?
New Reply
Subscribe
darkhorse
21st May 2011
Old 21st May 2011
Lives for gear

Will a good buffer only pedal screw up a filter?

Been considering putting a Wampler Buffer in front of my chain, anyone think this will effect the dynamic response or touch of my envelope filter I have front of chain? Wampler Buffer is just in/out, no controls, no gain, unity level. Any think it will actually help the signal stability into the unit?
28th May 2011
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear

If it doesn't change the dynamics (no compression) it shouldn't change the function of the envelope generator.
darkhorse
30th May 2011
Old 30th May 2011
Lives for gear

Sweet, that is what I was thinking. Should actually improve the tracking response dynamic by it stepping down the impedance. I am leaning towards the straight always on no knob Wampler or the Boost&Buff by MI Audio that has a switchable boost when you are not trying to use the filter. The MI Audio sounds like a great pedal that can run on as high as 24v.

I am just digging my new Q Tron Plus, getting this wicked cool Superstitious Mutron tone and some wacked old Trower tones, what a fun pedal to mess with.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search