Plush 3000 Guitar Amp
New Reply
Subscribe
byoungman
18th January 2010
Old 18th January 2010
Gear addict

Plush 3000 Guitar Amp

Just picked up a 1970s Plush model 3000 guitar amp head.
This thing looks like it belongs in the Brady Bunch's living room...gotta love faded-white sparkle...but seriously,
I want to work on getting this beast running and need a schematic.
No info. anywhere on the net about this model. It uses (6) 6L6GC's for I'm guessing 150 watts. Any help would be appreciated.
19th January 2010
Old 19th January 2010
Gear interested

Thumbs up

Byoungman,

I assume you have a Plush model 3000G sporting a white sparkle diamond tufted cabinet?

These are rated at 160 watts RMS (A 6L6 has a max plate dissipation of 30 watts). The circuit varies from amp to amp...Plush was truly a fly-by-night operation during their brief 5 year existance. You never know what Power or Output trannies will be on board.

Some have an OC3 screen voltage regulator tube...some don't.

Regardless, most sound rather good. Don't expect anything other than clean and loud out of it though if you get it up and running. Even when dimed, it'll only break up slightly.

The reverb will sound nice as will the tremolo assuming they are still functional.

I have a schematic somewhere in my stash-o-stuff for the 3000B which is the same as the 3000G minus the reverb and tremelo. Of course, the odds of it being the same as what you've got is pretty slim though it'll be close enough.

Some 3K series Plush amps are PC board while others are tag board Fender style construction. Some are hybrids mixing and matching PC boards with tag boards. I've even seen a few of them that are true "point-to-point" construction.

Like I said, you never know what Plush did under the hood until you open the amp up.

BTW, just about any competent tube amp repairman can fix the amp...they are very simple circuits. If the trannies are still good (probable) then it can be fixed.

Hope this helps,

Gabe
byoungman
19th January 2010
Old 19th January 2010
Gear addict

Thank you very much for the reply! PM'ed you..

Regards,

Bryce
7th March 2010
Old 7th March 2010
Gear interested

Hey byoungman! Great amp! My buddy has one just like that in blue. Did you get yours up & running yet? His sound great. Much like a Fender in tone, but these models were different enough to have a unique tone. Very rare models as well!
28th May 2010
Old 28th May 2010
Gear interested

I have a Plush 3000B on the bench right now. Chassis has a lot of rust. All the 6L6GC's looked gassed out. Almost no gettering left. 1 shows signs of arcing. I lit it up on a lamp limiter w/o tubes and the PSU appears to be OK although the caps drained in less than a minute with no load. That didn't surprise me at all. An amp of this ages needs a cap job anyway. OPT measures 23.8:1 with a 4 ohm load = roughly a 2K primary. Rock on, the amp can live. I don't HAVE to have a copy of the schematic, but it sure would be cool to go with my service docs. I trade you for something.

byoungman
29th May 2010
Old 29th May 2010
Gear addict

I ended up selling the amp a while back...the 6L6's ran hot and no bias adjustment...ugh...HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
byoungman
29th May 2010
Old 29th May 2010
Gear addict

Photo follows...

Last edited by byoungman; 29th May 2010 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: n/a
byoungman
29th May 2010
Old 29th May 2010
Gear addict

Hope this worked
Attached Thumbnails
Plush 3000 Guitar Amp-plush3000a.jpg  
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search