Gibson Closing Bozeman Plant?
chetatkinsdiet
14th January 2008
Old 14th January 2008
Lives for gear

Gibson Closing Bozeman Plant?

Anyone heard this ugly rumor? I hope it's not true. Anyone know someone to call/ask? Nothing surprises me with Gibson....love the guitars, but hate the new company.

m
14th January 2008
Old 14th January 2008
Gear maniac

Yeah theyre probably closing it down in order to pay for the R&D that went into the Les Paul "Robot Guitar"

No joke...if you havent heard of it google it
chetatkinsdiet
14th January 2008
Old 14th January 2008
Lives for gear

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it if Henry (gibson ceo) isn't sure that the robot guitar is the future and he's tooling up for the onslaught of orders. I mean, if you're at a point in your guitar playing where you can't even tune your guitar, you're definitely in the market for a $3K guitar, right?

Anyway, the rumor about Bozeman is that they're only going to keep the custom shop...not sure if that's a small shop in Bozeman or what, but closing the regular production there. That means that all production for regular acoustics would move to Japan where the Masterbuilt Epis are being produced. This makes me nuts if it's true.

m
14th January 2008
Old 14th January 2008
Lives for gear

Peavey is also auctioning off equipment at their Morton, MS plant. Don't know what it means except maybe these companies are going off-shore for manufacturing. We build very little here anymore. It's disturbing.
27th January 2008
Old 27th January 2008
Gear nut

Robotage

I suspect in the not too distant future, robot type guitars will be going for $399 from China, and everyone will be able to have one whether they really want or need them.
28th January 2008
Old 28th January 2008
Gear interested

Going back to the OP's question, as somebody who frequents several acoustic guitar forums I've seen no mention of this anywhere, not even on forums rich in posters who despise Gibson guitars and as a company. This doesn't mean it's not true, but if I were a betting man I'd wager that it's nothin' but FUD.

Trent
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search