Xotic blender and send/return needs
bat
17th December 2007
Old 17th December 2007
Gear interested

Xotic blender and send/return needs

Hello,
I've a Xotic blender that is a great tool to preserve the tone of my guitar. The problem is that I would have need one of this for each effect: one to blend the overdrive, another to blend a delay, another for the reverb: my pedalboard would become 2 square meter large and also expensive. There is something like a multiple send/return with the possibility to blend the signals (not only on-off)?
Thanks!
17th December 2007
Old 17th December 2007
Lives for gear

sorry i can't recommend anything....except to say that i think the xblender really comes into it's own with digital ambient effects.

do you really need to use it with distortion? having a "half distortion half clean" sound is kind of odd sounding.

the critical things seems to be digital effects like delay and reverb....which in many cases can be put into the SAME loop.
bat
17th December 2007
Old 17th December 2007
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by eligit View Post
sorry i can't recommend anything....except to say that i think the xblender really comes into it's own with digital ambient effects.

do you really need to use it with distortion? having a "half distortion half clean" sound is kind of odd sounding.

the critical things seems to be digital effects like delay and reverb....which in many cases can be put into the SAME loop.
I agree with you that the digital conversions is the main problem, but (I play Jazz) also blending the clean sound with a very little bit of distortion is nice. Or (more experimental) blending the clean sound with a 10% of hard distortion can create some exciting sound.
Thanks
4th January 2008
Old 4th January 2008
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat View Post
I agree with you that the digital conversions is the main problem, but (I play Jazz) also blending the clean sound with a very little bit of distortion is nice. Or (more experimental) blending the clean sound with a 10% of hard distortion can create some exciting sound.
Thanks
I agree on the x-blender for delays, chorus ...maybe flange with real time control .
For dist ...What about the Voodoo Labs sparkle drive for you ?.. There`s an onboard blend for distortion and clean
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search