Login / Register

best stomp box compressor
New Reply
Subscribe
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

blend knob is a great idea on the wampler!!!!
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
blend knob is a great idea on the wampler!!!!
Yep.. and there was one company that did it first
3rd March 2012
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

4th March 2012
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

I actually had several of the classic vintage compressor pedals long time past and I ended up dropping them because of the intense clamp and gate effect they did to the sound. I had a few processor units that modeled some of the those and again was a tone killer, simply had to shut it off a lot. I found a good clean boost was a great thing for so many uses. One reason I like having the Radial PB1 as a front end buffer with its class A clean boost. Still comes in handy.

The Wampler is my return to having a compressor on the board again and I just love that puppy. The Blend is great as well as the ability to speed the release up and also a tone. Few pedals have that many tone options and fewer still offer a fast release or blend.

(Sorry, I confused this w my overdrive controls thinking it had a separate bass and treb control. Just a tone, up for more treble presence down for flat.)

Really an impressive pedal that is the most transparent compressor I have used. Some like that classic Dyna thing, if that is what you like, you like it. I hated compressors for a long time. The Wampler is just great, you can actually turn your straight tone all on and use the EQ to make a transparent clean boost. I tend to like the blend about 9-10:00, Comp level about 12:00, the release up fast and just enough EQ and level to sparkle up the tone a little. Works so well I tend to leave it on.

I would suppose something like the Joe Meek optical compressor would be better (if there is actually a "better") I have not tried one but a lot more bucks.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search