Tips & Techniques:Drums: How to align drums to any grid in Cubase/Nuendo:
How to align drums to any grid in Cubase/Nuendo:
1. Put all your drum tracks into a folder track
2. Solo the close miced tracks you want to base the editing on (e.g. Kick, Snare, Toms, etc.)
3. Export Audio to new file, and choose import into pool and create new track
4. Place that dummy track right above the folder drum tracks
5. Right click on the event and choose advanced -> detect silence
6. set min. time open to 100ms and min. time closed to 0. Check linked, check "Strip silence"
7. Adjust threshold so that every hit gets caught. Hit compute, and see if it looks right to you. If yes, hit process
8. You should now have the dummy track all sliced up.
9. Activate snap and choose events
10. With the scissor tool, cut the folder track at the beginning of every slice. With snap this should be easy.
11. When you are all through the track you should have sliced all the drums at each transient. Highlight all the slices in the folder track.
12. Now change back from events to grid and choose 16th or whatever suits your drum tracks
13. hit "q". All the slices are now aligned to the grid. However there are overlaps and gaps.
14. To get rid of those, grab one of the highlighted events at its right and shorten its lenghts a little. As you do that, every other highlighted event is shortend by the same amount.
15. Shorten until there are no more overlaps - just gaps.
16. While all the events are still highlighted press "x". The gaps changed to crossfades.
17. Zoom in at any of those crossfades and double click on it. Adjust the crossfade, so that the early event fades out really fast and the latter one fades in fast at the same spot.
18. Play the track, and listen. If there are any double hits, mess with the crossfades at that position. There should only be a few spots where you need to do that.
Drums aligned! Bad English I know, but should be alright!
Sounds like a lot, but is real simple if you done it a couple of times.
If anyone knows how to create a makro for the whole story let me know please. Couldn't figure it out.
|(3) Comments for: Drums: How to align drums to any grid in Cubase/Nuendo:||Page Tools||Search this Page|
|No one has commented on this article.|
|Search this Page|
|Thread||Thread starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tips & Techniques:Drums - Time align - quick technique||mschulze||Tips & Techniques||2||31st January 2008 02:59 PM|
|Tips & Techniques:Drums Time Align - A quick technique by M Schulze||Jules||Tips & Techniques||0||28th January 2008 10:33 AM|