Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
ToneBooster ReelBus

The ToneBooster ReelBus is a software tape simulation designed for the stereosum but also highly useable for single channles. The "bang for buck" is astonishing: 15 Euro!
Compared to the competition it has a lot of features, some unique ones: saturation, inter-modulation effects, bias dependencies, tape hiss, asperity noise, wow and flutter, and clipping of electronic circuitry. But the manual is very clear on all options and therefore it's easy to use.
I own a real tapemachine, a cheap one, but a real one and therefor i say that ReelBus gets near the flavour of a tape machine but does not nail it. My main complain is that it is not able to smooth transients like tape does. ReelBus works more like a EQ, you can hear this particularly well when switching between the presets. But playing with the options available you can make the signals sound "better" within a few clicks and as stated before, get near a tape flavour. It adds a tiny bit of 3D feeling which is a good thing.
By miky mike on 26th February 2014
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.75 4.75
A very versatile plugin here, giving a nice round&warm sound to the tracks or create some distorted harsh overdrive sound to beats etc, you can be very creative with this plugin and yet it is very easy to use. Many specific options like Bias, MS, HF-LF, Saturation, Clipping, Wow and Flutter effect etc.

Great sound quality, it's definitely up there with the "upper class" plugins for which you pay 5x more. I bought this plugin in a ToneBooster plugin pack for 99 Euro , which is an amazingly good pack with HQ plugins like a brickwall Limiter, compressor, reverb, EQ, MB EQ and some more plugins. And I have tried many different plugin packs for which you normally would pay A LOT more.

Definitely good to have in your arsenal of VST/RTA plugins to warm up your sounds, I use it on almost all of my songs especially on the master track.

Peace!
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search