Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio

3.5 3.5 (1 Reviews)
The Original Beats That Took The World By Storm.
More information about Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Studio

< >

Published by ohmicide on 22nd December 2012
User Review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
3 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
3 out of 5
Overall: 3.5 3.5

A lot of bad things have been said about these headphones but the truth is that they're actually quite good for what they are.

Pros:

They are portable enough, isolated enough and sound good enough to allow me to work anywhere, no matter how noisy the place, and have a great sounding outcome with minor tweaking left for the pro cans. They're pretty detailed for closed headphones, have enough bass to make anyone happy and are very comfortable. They don't feel awkward around the ears or cause a lot of fatigue at reasonable volumes.

Cons:

They require AAA batteries for the extended bass and noise canceling. A cheap pair of batteries can last up to 3 weeks with moderate use, so you might want to buy them in bulk for cheap and keep them in your bag. The low end can be a little too much sometimes causing fatigue if used for too long at loud volumes. They are a little scooped so mixes don't come out perfect, vocals are definitely best left to mix on a better open pair of headphones. They are plastic to you have to be careful with them and the included cables don't last very long. I also feel a bit like a dick when wearing them in public, but that's all aesthetics.

Overall experience:

Not sure if I would buy them again but only because of the steep price, battery issues and the fact that I feel like a dick while wearing them but I do owe a lot to these headphones. Everything I've made in them has come out banging with little work left to do on higher grade headphones. I should add that I use them with my MacBook Pro's built-in soundcard a lot but they sound heaps better through my Apogee One.
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search