Login / Register

APS AEON
APS AEON

APS AEON

4.9 4.9 (2 Reviews)
Honestly sounding, great near / mid field studio monitors. Highest quality for great price!
APS AEON
More information about APS AEON

< >
Add Review
Subscribe

Published by differance on 15th December 2012
User Review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 5 5
APS AEON

I use APS AEON studio monitors for over 2 years and they are my main working tool in the studio.

About sound quality - its superb! Nice option is the ability to choose tweeters - titanium or material. In my monitors I have titanium tweeters, and I have to admit that they are very precise and not fatiguing. Midrange is not put forward but it is very detailed. Low tones are clear, quick, and they go pretty low!

Easy of use: what can I say, turn on, and they work.

Features
: On the back is adjustable input level, tweeter, bass boost, ground lift and bass controller. Interesting option is the ability to disable bass controller. This makes the low frequencies fast and precise. If you want to see what happens on the 30Hz - turn on the bass controller and regulate it. Pretty good option. So i dont see necessity for sub. (Back plate pic).
About the aesthetics - my monitors are in standard black color but you can choose ANY color.

Bang for buck
: They really well built (not in China but in the EU), the electronics is in a separate room behind the rear plate. (pic).
AEON's are great studio monitors! Their quality wins with far more expensive speakers.
By RomullusUK on 14th June 2013
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.75 4.75
Thumbs up Aeon Reveiw

Hi everyone! This is my first review, I would be really greatful to hear what people think of my writing ability and whether or not this was a useful review.

I have had my APS Aeons for just over a year now.

The Aeons in their temporary home (my dads office) tip: books make great acoustic treatment!

Having studied music technology at university as well as visiting numerous studios I have had a well rounded experience with different kinds of monitoring systems including Focal Twin SM6, ATC SCM50A Pros and more recently PMC’s behemoth BB5-XBD-A’s (Jesus fricking christ!) .

I won't pour out a big list of statistics (If you would like to read the nitty gritty you can go here: Aeon - APS Audio Pro Solutions). What I will say is that these active midfield monitors use an 8 inch bass driver directly with a felt or titanium dome tweeter (I have the felt dome). These are crossed over at 1.5 kHz (slope: 24 dB/octave).

The reason I mention this is that It is very rare to find a speaker that moves from a bass driver of this size to a tweeter without a midrange driver, however I can honestly say that APS have managed to do it with flying colours.

Pros: Between the two drivers the Aeon is able to reach to the far ranges of the frequency spectrum. The low end remains distortionless and, thanks to the bass control switch, I was able to opt for a deeper yet more subtle low end. The top end is crisp and extremely well controlled. Most impressive is how the midrange remains extremely clear, despite the crossover point. My guess is APS spent many late nights pinning that crossover down. The stereo is terrific, I find myself getting lost in tiniest details of stereo placement, even the smallest gestures can be focused on. All in all the pros make this a great speaker for £1500.

Cons: Its fair to say the midrange can sometimes sound a bit soft, the Aeons have a big brother called the Trinity which, although I have yet to hear them, appear to be an extension of the Aeon that attends to this issue (although the extra driver, amplifier and crossover are bound to make this a slightly more exclusive price). Originally I found the top end (7k+) a bit metallic but this evened out when I properly broke them in, changed my room and decided to knock 0.5 db off the tweets using the control switch).

Conclusion: When you look at the price / quality / frequency response ratios it is fair to say the Aeon are extremely good value. I can confidently manipulate some very deep music which, in the past, I would have only felt comfortable doing in a bigger studio with a larger monitoring setup. I’m quite in love with these speakers (you might have guessed by now) and although I don't discredit the other options out there I feel these are a really comprehensive ‘next step’ option for a serious producer.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search