Login / Register

Jbl lsr2328p

4.25 4.25 (2 Reviews)
My review of JBL's LSR 2328P 8" studio monitors.
Links to forum discussions about this product Jbl lsr2328p

Add Review
Subscribe

Published by buildsafire on 2nd May 2012
User Review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
Jbl lsr2328p

I have had a pair of the JBL LSR 2328P 8" powered studio monitors for about 8 months now. They are fully broken in, as they are used several hours, almost everyday.

For the money, I am not sure that you could do too much better, but sound, as in most things in life, is preference based, and thus subjective. I personally like the 8" size woofers, and feel that having the larger woofer gives a more "full range" sound if you will. I do use these monitors in conjunction with the LSR2300 series subwoofer (the LSR2310SP), and the JBL MSC1, monitor system controller. [Reviews of these other 2 products are forthcoming soon]. I have the monitors mounted on the wall with ball mounts.

I use my monitors for mixing and general music playback as well. I like that the sound is honest enough that they are good for mixing, and good for music playback too. However, with one caveat (which is a good one) - if there are flaws with a recording, these will highlight those flaws, especially on the high end. This is great for my own recordings, but not always so great for general music playback, as lower quality sources really sound flawed. But, since the latter is not the primary function of these monitors, so be it.

They have the powered amplifier on the back of the speaker, with a treble attenuation switch, for the tweeter I believe, and also a volume control on the back - which I find very handy in setting the volume quickly for my listening position.

These JBL's have the fairly typical JBL low end clarity, and are also very clear on the high end. Sometimes the mids get a little lost and seem to recede a bit, but that could be me. The sound is uncolored and natural.

If one of these was damaged, I would most definitely replace it with another of the same unit... I would def. but these again, and think that, in their price range, they are a great powered studio monitor, and speaker in general.
By Electric_Haggis on 29th August 2012
User review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
JBL LSR2328P review

After exhaustive research, I found that the JBL LSR2328P ticked all the right boxes for our new post production suite...

PROS:
* Extremely natural, well-balanced, full-range sound - but still very revealing.
* Bass response is usable down to the mid-30Hz region - yet it isn't bloated or boomy, and doesn't significantly hurt midrange.
* Highs are smooth and non-fatiguing.
* Large enough to do the job, but not excessively so.
* Oblong rear bass port works very cleanly.
* Rubber padding underneath is a good start.
* As studio monitors go, these are actually very easy on the eye.
* Unanimously good reviews.
* Wide sweet spot.
* Power to spare.

CONS:
* Rear-ported - so be careful with placement.
* No front power switch.
* Finer control of LF and HF Trim would've been nice.

I have the KRK Rokit 10-3 at home, and still prefer that all-round.

But for the money, these JBL's are truly excellent if space is limited and you're after full-range response.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search