Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.75 4.75
Diamond Pedals Vibrato .

This review is about the The Diamond Pedals Vibrato Pedal . Say that ten times fast e . It's an analog vibrato pedal that also has a chorus . A flip on the classic Chorus pedal with vibrato added . There's a lot of dimension as well as subtle textures in the tone of this pedal that could make any tone hound happy .

BUILD - Solid build . Metal case . Hard plastic knobs . and metal switches . VIshay JFet's and Burr Brown audiophile op amps . Panasonic polyprop caps working the signal path like an analog herdsmen . Good good stuff .

FUNCTION - This pedal has a good amount of features . It has a Volume knob . A switch named "Jazz" that goes from it's normal tone to a more vintage sound . A chorus knob for Chorus sounds . A high toggle for if you want to get a bit extreme and pitch bend sounds . A depth knob and a speed knob . An on and off Toggle . There are not one but two expression pedal inputs . One governs the depth and the other governs speed . Very cool . Would be super dope if it had stereo outs . But it does offer true bypass as do all Diamond pedals I believe .

SOUND - Man it sounds fantastic . The expensive fancy guts really make the difference .It's much more expressive and can be made more so or even more extreme then other analog vibratos I have played while still retaining the vibrato feel , not just morphing into a new effect . then you get to the expression pedals and you can slow and speed things up like a Leslie . You can do volume swells with the expression pedals also . which is dope . I really wish it had Stereo outs for this though . the combination of the Chorus and Jazz switch make a really pleasant chorus with just the right amount of highs rolled off .

CONCLUSION - This to me like all Diamond pedals I've encountered just sounds better then most of the competition in their price range . They sound like a new piece of vintage gear with one or more useful additions . The components are classy . It's got a BBD NOS MN3007 in there and a Burr Brown op amp . What's not to love ?
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search