5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
Roland Dr-80c review

Hi!!!
This is a short review for a Roland Dr-80c condenser studio microphone..
First of all excuse my english...
so...I searched the internet for some reviews for this microphone and some people said that this is exactly Audio Technica 3035 with roland inscription on it and black colour..
I have here the at3035 but the sound is pretty much different between them..
At3035 have a much linear response and the roland have a punch on lowmid freq 250-500 for a warmer sound but if you`ll connect it on a art pro channel preamp with both eq and compression bypassed you will get a boomy sound so on the mix you will have to drag down some db (-3,-4) there on 250-500...
i changed the tube inside the preamp..from chinese 12ax7 to sovtek , telefunken , general electric and jj 12ax7 ecc83 all NOS and the sound is the same....
So then i changed the preamp...to a Focusrite Isa One and the sound get`s really better no boomy sound..just a little bit warmer and smoother vs at3035 freq response on the same preamp...
I compared this to an oktava mk319 made in tula and the audiotechnica at4035sv .The sound is pretty much a like the oktava with more room from the Roland DR-80C microphone....The at4035sv is smoother than the Roland..

So in the end this is a really great microphone and if you can buy it....
Better in my opinion than the studio projects c1 mk1 and mk2..at2020,at3035,rode nt1a.....
For a project / home studio is perfect..but safe some bucks for a really good preamp...

this in my first review and i hope that i`ve done a good work....
i hope to win...thankx
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search