Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
Behringer Behritone C5A

I was mixing a record at home one day and started thinking back to how we used to use the speakers on 1/2" machines, boomboxes, Auratones, and anything else that would give us that "small" perspective. So I went to ebay and searched for Auratone.. didn't find much. So I came to gearslutz and read a monitoring thread where someone mentioned the Behringer Behritone. I checked the price and ordered it without even thinking or reading 2 reviews... $100!! I figured, how bad could it be? I didn't even have to buy an amp for it.

After I ordered it (yes, just one), I continued reading comments about how surprised people were that they actually owned a Behringer piece. Now I am too! And I'm surprised by how much I use it.

Honestly, it's been so long that I've heard an actual Auratone that I can't compare the Behritone to that. BUT, who cares? I use it just the same: to check balances and to start EQing vocals. It's amazing for that.

It doesn't sound great, but it's very satisfying to listen to because you know the mix is gonna translate. While the piece itself might not technically be worth more than $100, it's value is waaay more than that to me for the time is saves me running around listening different systems.
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search