Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
Neumann Tlm 103

The Neumann TLM 103 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone that features a universal cardioid pattern

Since purchasing my tlm 103, my recordings have reached a hole new level. The search for the all around best home studio mic and a classic sound to an affordable price is finally over. It has extremely low self noise and it's sensitivity is perfect for recording acoustic guitars and vocals, however the sensitivity of the Neumann 103, can be quite a challenge, when used in a humble home studio setup set in a difficult environment, it really takes in a lot of noise from adjacent rooms, computer buzzing etc.*

So far I've only used it with my apogee duet and a UA 610, which is a fine match. However I'm looking forward to test it in different constellations.

cardioid refers to the directional pattern of the mic, the "heart-shaped" pattern that accepts sounds from the front and rejects them at the back.*

As it says on the product site The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, well known from the U 67 / U 87 microphones. I've never tried out a U 87, so I'm unable to compare the two.*
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search