Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.25 4.25
M-Audio delta 1010LT

10 in/10 out provided through two break-out cables. Two XLR pres as well as 8 unbalanced RCA in/out on the larger one. While i never used the other break-out cable it had word clock, MIDI and SPIDF I/O. It’s a very good deal for a person on a budget. The signal is clean.

The UI and drivers that came with the device gave me some trouble. The sound would drop without provocation which resulted with me having to restart my computer. A quick trip to m audio's website where I downloaded the latest updates which also happened to update the UI(nice little surprise) aswell sorted out the problem. The UI is logical and well laid out. You will find your way around it very quickly.

I used the card with Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, FL Studio and Sound Forge without any errors. Also mine came with a demo demo of pro tools LE in the box. But I believe now it comes bundled with Ableton Live Lite

I do have one constant problem with it which is when changing input or outputs if I touch the RCA on the metal tips i get a pretty heavy jolt. One more thing that might be a deal breaker of course as this is a PCI card there is no phantom power. What makes it ironic though is there are two preamps. So external phantom power should do the trick. I was using mine with an external mixer.

I used this card to record three albums. Two were hip-hop and one country. I found that it did not add any color to the mix and delivered a satisfactory sound. I compared it to a presonus firestudio tube. While the presonus had a wider, deeper image and a more detailed sound. It was more additional than it was necessary.

The absolute plus side of this card is latency i could record a band and monitor through the card with no noticeable latency to speak of. But be careful when changing samples as sometimes it would cause the card to crash requiring reloading through the task manager.

The MSRP is $250 but checking amazon right now the price is $170. And for ten in/out plus hardware monitoring and spdif. I think it’s a fair deal for a desktop producer/engineer.
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search