Login / Register

Fender Strat 60's Classic Player
Fender Stratocaster 60's Classic Player

Fender Stratocaster 60's Classic Player

4.5 4.5 (1 Reviews)
An excellent guitar with great tonal options.
More information about Fender Stratocaster 60's Classic Player

< >
Add Review
Subscribe

Published by Mark_Andrasko on 30th March 2012
User Review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5

I play in a classic rock/blues band and solo as a one man rock band. This guitar gives me a lush tone that has upped my confidence level not since I purchased it but since I figured out how to get a great tone out of it.

One interesting downside: I had it set up at my local music shop shortly after purchasing and the owner of the store was like wow. You know they really kept true to the design of the 60's guitar. Nowadays the 2 and 4 positions on the 5 switch pickup selector are wired in reverse to cancel out noise but on this guitar the designers kept it true to the 60's so that each pickup selection is vintage noisy Fender.
Luckily I've found I only get bad noise if the circuitry at a gig is bad, then I switch to my Les Paul style Schecter.

Right out of the box I was not overly impressed with this guitar. I bought it because it was beautiful (I have the sonic blue version) and when I first plugged it in I thought my luck at scoring beautiful guitars that happened to sound amazing had ended. Although the clean was decent with distortion from my Fender Twin the sound was completely lackluster and dull. Since then I've rigorously tweaked and experimented with the tone settings on my Fender Twin in conjunction with each of the different tone settings on the guitar and now I absolutely love this thing having settled on a boosted high, really boosted mid, mid pickup selector (although the bottom pickup selection is great for fitting thinner guitar tracks onto a recording).

The tone of the 60's Classic Player is lush, full, and shimmering and is accountable for half of my sound when I play live. With the addition of the T-Rex Yellow Drive this thing really sings through my guitar amp. It plays/feels great and I get compliments on my guitar tone at every single show I play.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search