M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

4 4 (1 Reviews)
M-Audio have packaged a fully featured control surface with motorised faders, an 18-input Firewire interface and eight mic preamps in one box — at a very competitive price.
M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

Published by sampemberton on 28th March 2012
User Review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

Iv had my Projectmix for just over a year now and i'm loving it! The one thing I always wanted in my home studio was a good control surface to mix without using a mouse and staring at a screen all day. The motorised faders are great, they're really smooth and accurate, better than the similar Behringer controller iv tried in the past.

It has a whole heap of controls which are easy to navigate to and use when mixing quickly. Although, some of the parameters are hidden by the small 2 high LCD screen and it doesn't always seem to show which parameter your tweaking, especially with the aux levels.

The sound quality is pretty good too, there plenty of XLR and line inputs which is great for recording a number of surfaces at a time. The preamps arnt amazing but do the job for the price. Having two independent headphone outputs is a nice touch too, especially when recording with talent in the same room.

As for the build quality, the unit it very sturdy and weighs a ton! Recently iv found some of the buttons are starting to be very intermittent, unfortunately the main ones being the transport control which eventually start to work again.

Overall this unit is great. Also the price has dropped to near £500 for a new one at some shops which is a steal considering how much these cost and the features it includes.
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search