4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
Fender Blues Junior III

Fender Blues Junior III

What can I say about the little Fender amplifier except 'amazing'?! It is what it is, so don't get me wrong, but for the price and the size, you're hard pressed to find a match that sounds as good, is as easily portable and maintains that Fender tube amp vibe.

It's only 15W, all tube, with a 12" speaker. It weighs very little and so I can take it to small gigs, and it's all tube so you get a serious warmth just like it's big brothers, but in a much more contained setup. Also, because it is only 15W, you can also 'push it' and get that saturated tube tone without the massive levels of volume that 50W and 100W equivalents require. In theory, this makes for an excellent studio amplifier, but in reality, it's a bit noisy for that - so I would recommend you make some modifications if that is your intent for this amplifier. There are several sites online that direct you on how to get this amp to sound much quieter than it's factory setup. This is another conversation, and not my forte, but I suggest you look into it - my amp tech did all of this on my behalf, and now it sounds pristine. So look at spending a couple hundred extra dollars to get it 'just right'!

However, I digress - The setup is simple with Treble, Mid, Bass knobs, Master and Volume knobs, and also a pretty decent Reverb function. I don't mind the reverb on this amp, it is rich and warm. Also there is a 'Fat' switch for basically thickening the tone of the amp. This is an awesome amplifier and one that I recommend to anyone who wants a simple setup, a killer tube amp tone, all for a great price.
Last edited by dontfeedmecurry; 5th April 2012 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: {note: in my original post I made a model title error of Fender Pro Junior III, when I meant the Fender Blues Junior III - the slightly larger big brother of the Pro Junior III - my apologies!}
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search