Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
3 out of 5
Bang for buck
3 out of 5
Overall: 3.25 3.25
Boss Cs3 compressor+equalizer GE7

I 'm not a guitare solo man, but the melodic hook of a song need to stand up above the pack right away when you hit the string. TO do so we often use an overdrive, but somtimes it is not enough, or the possibilities of your overdrive are limited, and you end up being way louder than the others because this is the only way to make it clear. Then it's time to add an eq to the pedal board, and try putting a sutainer compressor on it's output.

Now for rewing the cs3 : ( because it's the only one I have tried so far)

pretty simple tu use 4 knobs : level/tone/attack/sustain : here the level is associated to the output gain of a comressor and the sustain would be the input gain, you can't controle the ratio or threshold here.

Personnaly I would like to try another comp, because it does generate noise ( if you have a lot of pedal, you don't want to pile this on) and degrade the sound. But in some case it works fine! depends on the backline you have.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search