5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 4.5
Vigier Indus

Important Features:

Body: Two center-joined pieces of solid, naturally aged alder.
Neck: Carbon Fibre reinforcement (%10) Maple naturally dried for 3 years
Fingerboard: Maple / rosewood
Bridge: 2011 non locking pivoting on needles bearings :This bridge has ball bearings lengthening the life of bridge.
Nut: Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology
Weight: 3 kg

Sound:

This is a super strat guitar. So players who like Charvel and some old ibanez guitars with alder body would enjoy this unit. The strong side here, there is a lot of detail. Because the neck is heavy at all guitars with truss rode they have another resonance at low mids which is hard to find an even response one. But here the neck is reinforced with carbon fiber which is enough to hold the neck straight forever, with only %10 percent of the weight of the neck. Now, the body resonance comes out. When I grab this axe for the first time, I was surprised with the tightness of the bass response. Then I realized that sound is tight everywhere. Allthough I don't get a very sharp attack sound, the tightness is there which comes from the body wood. They also have put the high-end Schaller electronic units with 1000kohm volume potanse. This just opens up the guitar presence from the source itself. So the left hand accuracy comes out.

The body is smaller and thinner then a strat. I think this is done by the help of the weight reduction of the neck. But, that also takes the formant frequency of the body a little higher. So in a recording session, for dubs you may need a les paul to take it over. But as guitars have fundamentally 82Hz at the bottom, we mostly don't have it in the mix, thanks to correction of our hearing. So, harmonic richness is a better reason to go.

I have mentioned the zero fret as on of the features. The harmonics pop out and notes doesn't stop with this. Lucky that guitar has the Schaller locking tuners also. Because it is very easy to hear when the tune drops a little with this zero fret.

The pickups are Dimarzio PAF Classic (195) at the neck and the bridge. This is a high output pick up but still hot. As I know, you have to order from Dimarzio to buy these pickups now. They are vintage. They are really nice ones but a litte cold for a harden heavy guy or Andy Timmons fan like me. I replaced with Suhr Doug Aldrich pick up. Now it is more tight in bass.

The neck is always straight and adjustment is impossible. The strings are just at the level before any fret buzzes. So, some strat players won't like this. But the intonation is always nice.

This guitar is super nice considering it's features and the design emphasis on the wood quality. But a guitar has to excite the player of course. So this is a taste issue. If you like super strats and want to have a guitar which is hand build, you may want to check it out.
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search