Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.75 4.75
JDK Audio's R22

"I'm a big fan of API and have used a 2500 compressor on a few projects. But when I was in the market for my own stereo compressor, I looked into JDK since it was more budget-friendly. Knowing API's reputation I decided to give it a try.
"The R22 is a winner! This box totally exceeded my expectations. I tried it on a stereo drum bus first, and, wow — so much more punch. The snare drum jumped out with a fatness that just wasn't there before and the unit didn't produce any unwanted color. I even ran it on a master bus! It definitely took away the digital harshness and gave a touch of that analog vibe while helping glue everything together. The THRUST® circuit was nice for this task as well.The only feature I wish it had is a side chain.
"The R22 is a solid unit and looks awesome in my rack — not to mention the extra sweet price tag. I use it every session now, be it tracking or running pre-recorded tracks through it. Let's just say I love this thing. I will definitely be looking into more JDK products in the future."
Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search