Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
3 out of 5
Bang for buck
3 out of 5
Overall: 3.5 3.5
Saffire Pro 24

This review is for the Saffire Pro 24 from Focusrite.

I use the interface for tracking in my home studio. I record mostly acoustic guitar, cajon drum, percussion, and vocals.

The Saffire has decent preamps. They sound extremely clean with most mics I have used and the ability to have zero latency monitoring with the Saffire is a huge plus.

On the downside the preamps often need to be cranked to the upper end of the pot before a useable signal comes through. I contacted focusrite on this to see if it was a faulty unit and they said that the pots are not linear and will often need to be cranked. In my opinion this is a slight problem because there is no headroom left in the preamp. I tend to use my external Pres and go line n in order to bypass the focusrite pre and give myself more wiggle room.

All in all I'd give the Saffire a 6.5/10. The routing flexibility is great and the converters sound good but the preamps aren't all they are cracked up to be.
By atone2 on 25th December 2012
User review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
1 out of 5
Features
3 out of 5
Bang for buck
3 out of 5
Overall: 2.75 2.75
problem

help me! why i cant record in stereo in saffire pro 24?
i chose a chanel but y can select stereo mode. somebody can helpme?
i hace troubles whit the saffire mix but, now i can hear stereo. but a cant record.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search