Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
3 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
M-Audio BX8 D2

These monitors weren't even on my radar until I got a killer deal on them (directly from Avid ), so I jumped at the chance to add a set of them to the studio. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised, the sound was nice and flat and the bass response was surprisingly good. I am definitely impressed. I occasionally work in a studio that has a Blue Sky System One 2.1 system and the sound is incredibly accurate on that, especially with that 12 inch woofer but these definitely get the job done.
The kevlar 8" woofer has enough bang to get me through most of what I need to do and and the high end was clear and tight. I compared them to my JBL 4408s which is run through a Crown D-75 and noticed some things that were not apparent on the JBL's, and I love my JBL's. The only thing they are lacking is an EQ knob, but once I get used to them and break them in a bit more I doubt I'll miss it.
Highly recommended for a home or small project studio if they're in your budget (499.00 on MusiciansFriend). There might be better monitors out there, but if these are in your price range you won't be disappointed.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search