Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
iZotope Nectar

I am an older recording engineer/producer here at 21st CENTURY STUDIO in Los Angeles. I came across a promotion for iZotope Nectar and thought that I'd try it on male and female vocals that I was mixing for a CD release. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of installation and ease of use of the interface. There are a number of 'style' groups that have presettings for vocal processing; compression, gating, de-essing, reverb, equalization, and more. I found several good choices for use on the vocals I was mixing. The settings made the voices sit well in the mix and offered creative starting points for further processing. I know that there are those who will say that the only good way to get a vocal sound is by recording it well and adding well respected tools to make it shine. That is true, but iZotope Nectar is a good way to do quick auditions of various settings, as there is visual feedback that allows you to see the effect of numerous EQ settings, and they can then be applied by other gear after a sweet spot is quickly found. The display is also instructive to get familiar with the sound of the various EQ bands and the way they work with your vocal track. Try it for free for 10 days. The price is also right, but will go up shortly.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search