Login / Register

Bitley Platinum Refill For Reason

4.85 4.85 (11 Reviews)
This refill is a monster!!! A whole workstation of sounds!!!
Links to forum discussions about this product Bitley Platinum Refill For Reason

Add Review
Subscribe

Published by ScauldinBeats on 21st December 2011
User Review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 5 5
Fairlight Platinum Refill For Reason

Fairlight Platinum.......This refill is a monster!!! A whole workstation of sounds from the Fairlight, Roland, Etc. I was blown away within minutes. Sound quality is top notch and the patch banks are organized intelligently for ease of use! If you're a producer and use reason.....THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!
By Smattie on 2nd January 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Overall: 4.75 4.75
Fairlight Platinum Refill For Reason

The Fairlight Platinum Refill For Reason is Monster.
Filled with really nice sounds, Combinators and effects

Ready for use and it's easy to change the sounds if you want to.

I Only have the Demo version of a Fairlight Refill

And it sounds really good.

All these reasons are enought for me to really really really want this Platinum edition.

Because all of this i'm Really looking forward to check all the sound and to get a change to work with this Big en Beautiful Fairlight Platinum Refill For Reason.
By Arthur Stone on 2nd January 2012
User review
Sound Quality
4 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
4 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Overall: 4 4
Bitley XXL

I've been using the Bitley XXL refill for about 10 months and every track that I've used it on has attracted comments from listeners - specifically about the Bitley sounds. The refill slots seamlessly into the Reason workflow; in effect, it becomes part of Reason.

Reason itself was a little light on Fairlight sounds and the refill has found a good niche - it compliments the factory refills well. In addition there's a great range of non-Fairlight sounds...a great selection of drum machines, plenty of 909/808 action and drum machines of yore. Synths too.

I gave a 9 for sound quality; although the refill sounds are pristine there is always room for improvement. The refill is straightforward to use but IME the menu structure is better for browsing than locating a specific type of sound. Feature-wise the refill is fine; the sounds are each associated with a different type of 'Combinator 'machine' that is custom-designed e.g one for orchestral; another for bass; percussion, keys; etc.

I never buy refills usually but the quality and exclusivity of Bitley XXL persuaded me otherwise and it's great value considering the style and variety of sounds it contains.

Recommended.

A test track made using just the Bitley refill sounds in Reason: http://soundcloud.com/arthurstone/city01
By VelKFactor on 6th January 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
4 out of 5
Bitley Fairlight Platinum Refill for Reason

I've been using the Bitley Fairlight refill for well over a year now, and I'm more head-over-heels for it now, than I was when I initially bought it. It's the best Reason refill, and also the best sound library out there...... bar none!

When I purchased the refill, it was known simply as the Fairlight Legacy. There have since been several upgrades to the refill, which now tops out at over 3000 or so patches. And because it's in a Reason format, the simplicity of using it is incredible. It's essentially become a living document, in that it continues to grow & improve with each update. So your investment increases in value over time. How many other refills can lay claim to that?

I was lucky enough to use a real CMI Fairlight on a number of occasions back in the late-80's/early-'90's. There was nothing like it at the time. It was very limited by today's standards, but some of my favourite songs and albums were recorded with a Fairlight in the mix. One thing that I absolutely HATED about the real Fairlight was the !@#!@#$ lightpen!! Bloody thing NEVER worked right. And the cost of owning a Fairlight of my own, was simply not in the same universe as far as my financial means at the time. But it was such a unique machine. Much easier to use than a Synclavier, and more distinguished than an Emulator. Peter Gabriel, Art Of Noise, Jan Hammer, Pet Shop Boys and so many others, owe a great debt to the Fairlight.

I happened upon this refill towards the end of 2010, after I'd just upgraded to Reason 4. I was looking for a unique refill that stood out from the rest of your run-of-the-mill Reason refills. I found it when I happened upon a forum post on the PHead website. I couldn't believe that somebody had actually released a refill which contained all of the original Fairlight sample library. I purchased it on the strength of a demo I'd heard by the bloke who created the refill. I was simply blown away & captivated by the accuracy & clarity of the patches he used. When I finally downloaded the refill & tried it out, I was almost moved to tears. It was so dead-on accurate to what the old CMI sound library was, I was absolutely shocked. I spent a full weekend (4 days, actually!) test-driving each patch & Combinator in the refill, much to the dismay of my dear wife.

Since that time, Bitley has upgraded the refill several times. He's SIGNIFICANTLY increased the number of patches, and has also included the Emulator III sample library, as well as several other well-known vintage synths & samplers. It's a veritable smorgasboard of vintage synths, samplers & drum machines. So it's not JUST a Fairlight refill.

Emulator II, Roland Jupiter, Juno & JX synths, Emulator III, Oberheim Matrix-12, Ensoniq, Arp, PPG, and so many others we all know & love, are in this refill. The painstaking attention to detail is beyond marvelous. I'm a vintage synth afficionado with very discriminating tastes when it comes to how accurate samples or replica patches sound. I own, or have, at one time or another, owned many of the vintage instruments that are in this refill. Not to put to fine a point on it....... but you simply will not find a better or more accurate library of sounds than you will in the Bitley Fairlight Platinum refill.

Bitley uses the Dropbox method as his delivery option of choice. And that's really my lone complaint. It's a very large refill. So the need for something like Dropbox for the delivery of the massive file is understandable. I'm just cheap & don't wanna pay the extra $$ to upgrade my Dropbox capacity. But it's a paltry momentary inconvenience for such an amazing refill. Well worth the extra hoop of going thru Dropbox.

If I were only going to use one refill, this would be it. It's genre-agnostic, which is to say that you can use the patches in this refill for virtually any genre of music you can imagine. It's not limited to being merely a retro or nostalgia-fuelled sound resource. It gets used more than any other sound library in my arsenal. So it's uses extend far beyond synth-pop, new wave, 80's music or EBM. If you're into Country & Western..... yeah, you're outta luck. But she'll answer the need for virtually anything else that comes your way.

I can say quite honestly that purchasing this refill was one of the wisest investments I've made. The return on investment & bang-for-your-buck ratio is outstanding.

If you're like me, and don't have the disposable income to justify purchasing a real Fairlight or an army of classic analogue & digital synths, look no further than this remarkable refill. It's the standard by which ALL Reason refills should be compared to.
By psonicspot on 2nd June 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
This is the best refill on the market today, by far. There has been a lot of care and attention to detail in the creation of every single patch. If you've been in a writing slump or just plain unmotivated, this refill will get you on your feet again with it's inspiring and creative sounds. I can't say enough good things about this refill. Get it now!
By Sebast on 9th August 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Probably THE most rewarding Refill ever

This is the most useful, versatile and complete Refill you will ever find. The library is just MASSIVE and there is so much to explore! ALL the included samples, both from the Failrlight and the additional stuff, are extremely high quality and just plain inspiring!
When I first bought the Platinum Refill I was blown away by this huge amount of patches and different sounding available instruments, all waiting to get used. Believe me when I say: you will want to use them ALL
I hereby recommend this Refill to everyone who`s in search of that special synthie sound from a long time ago. It has been said before: with this Refill you basically get yourself a Fairlight for your home recording studio, and at this price, there is only one more thing to say: GET IT! and get inspired!
All the best, Sebastian.
By michaelmoog on 9th August 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Bitley fairlight platinum series refill

Wow, this is my first ever review, but I have been compelled to do so, solely based on one reason ...this refill, (the FAIRLIGHT PLATINUM SERIES) from BITLEY is simply unprecedented in every single meaning of the word ABSOLUTELY F'iNG AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I often look for sounds for creative inspiration after programming (sometimes exhausting) synth sounds in reason. I find that for most of the artist that I work with, to get it just right, the songs require individual, custom ideas or a combination of sounds to really get the point across.

I have purchased numerous refills from developers, and will tell you, at best, I'll find that one or two insane sounds that justify the money spent. (this is not always the case) Most of the times, the few sounds in the demos that you hear (and I will not mention company names) are really the only, if not, the best sounds out of a very disappointing hundred or so samples, btw when this happens, it F'iNG sucks, and because of this I am very cautious of purchasing anything, and that sucks because I know there are great sound designers out there that deserve to be heard (hence my review of this amazing set from this designer that goes by the name ...BITLEY

This refill has it all, and I mean everything you could ever want for "go to sounds" (no wonder when the original Fairlight was out, it was on every single hit record made through out the 80's) all because of THAT SOUND!

The sounds were, and still are incredible! I know, every body say's that about everything now days, but in today's modern music landscape where every production is extreme on every level of EXTREME, this refill stands up to, and most importantly, compliments every synth I put it against. (analogue and virtual)

The FAIRLIGHT PLATINUM REFILL are sounds that cut through, wrap around, and yet sit perfectly in today's MEGA LOUDNESS INSANITY, and still at the same time, can be as sweet, breathtaking, and transparently crystal clear for the most subtle innocent productions. I'm assuming that the programming done to create these sounds must have taken forever, because they are so perfectly recorded, looped and keygrouped in such a way that one simply has to find a sound and just be inspired.

and isn't that the point? to be inspired? to get something out of your head and into the song the way you imagined it could be?

If there were ever a "stuck on a deserted island with only one refill to OWN" this would be that refill,
it's way, way, way, way, way worth more than the money spent! (and I can't say that about any refill...PERIOD!)

I have included a song by TMG Artist Cierra Ramirez entitled :
"Echos Of Silence" which is a response version from the group 'The Weeknd" this song was done using about 95 percent of the FAIRLIGHT PLATINUM SERIES REFILL. you can also see the video for this song that I directed on Cierra Ramirez's youtube page
By geiger167 on 9th September 2012
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
In my humble opinion, the best refill available for Reason. I bought basically because I wanted a full Fairlight sample set, but it provides much more than that if you dig beneath the surface, and has over time evolved into a much larger soundset. The dropbox method of release is easy to use, simply buy and you get an invatation to a dropbox folder and you copy the refill to your hard drive. The basic dropbox service is free and provides enough space to download the refill, and it an easy way to keep abreast of updates.
I found the refill particularly useful as I am going through an eighties revival in my music and if you look in the presets there are hundreds of sounds ideal for Scritti Politti. Gabriel, Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Kate Bush, Trevor Jones type stuff. Of course, if you prefer, more up to date sounds, they are there in abundance also. All styles are covered. My favourites are some intricately programmed combinator patches which feature some spectacular evolving pad sounds which are ideal song starter, and a great (frankly huge) selection of drum sounds covering every genre. Patches are well organised and easy to find.
To sumarise, refill is so professional, it should actually be part of the Propellerheads Factory Sound Bank (think they missed a trick there)
Buy it, it's a bargain
By rickharwell on 30th January 2013
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
5 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
BITLEY Refills

I have to agree with others who have posted their appreciation for the quality and depth of the Fairlight Platinum Refill. I use Reason on stage every week, and since purchasing that refill, at least one, but most often several, of the patches finds its way into my rack. They sound great and are incredibly useful right out of the box: wish I could give more than 5 stars. Just bought the Oberheim Refill this week, and will use one of those sounds immediately. Continued success to the folks at BITLEY!
By michael jaye on 26th February 2013
User review
Sound Quality
5 out of 5
Ease of use
4 out of 5
Features
5 out of 5
Bang for buck
5 out of 5
Essential!

Call it personal preference, but unlike most refills I own, this one is loaded with inspiring and usable patches. Has become a "go-to" source for rich & complex instrument sounds for almost every track since.
Add Review Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Review Tools
Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search