New Reply
Subscribe
brendonheinst
11th January 2014
Old 11th January 2014
Gear interested

Exclamation EMERGENCY: HELP! DALLAS TX Microphone Stands needed

Hi guys,

I'm recording the Dallas Symphony Orchestra next monday, with Jaap van Zweden at the Meyerson hall, for Northstar Recording in the Netherlands.

Due to unforseen circumstances three large microphone stands (Manfrotto BSU 270) didn't make it on time. Of course, or anything similar, doesn't even have to be gigantically tall like the BSU 270's.

Please, I beg you, is there any place you guys know where we can get one of those? Or some member of the forum?

Please let me know, we're leaving in a few hours and we've heard just an hour ago the stands weren't there...

Brendon Heinst
+31 6 24 46 92 22
info@brendonheinst.com
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

Try the largest photographic supply store in D or FW. Manfrotto is Manfrotto. They may even have 1/4-3/8 adapters so you can use your 3/8-5/8 mic clip adapters. If no joy there, call up a couple of large photo studios. Or a large camera store or rental house. Ditto.

Might also give the good peeps at MLD (MLD Equipment Rental - Video Camera & Recorder, Audio, Lighting, & Grip Rentals) a call, and see if they have what you need in their hire stock. Matthews C-Stands work well with stud-to-5/8 adapters. If not, you can head to Guitar Center (or send an assistant) for K&M Booms and stands. Add a second K&M boom to a K&M boom stand's boom for an additional 3'-4' of reach (gets you to between 9' and 12' depending on the stands and booms involved). I do this regularly for support of a pair of MKH8040s, usually with a flanking pair of Gefell M296 omnis. Of course, sandbags/fitness weights/mic stand bases are required to stabilize it. Wouldn't hang M50s or Brauners from a rig like that, but SDC's… no problemo.

Good luck!

HB
12th January 2014
Old 12th January 2014
Lives for gear

Shure makes a 15 foot stand that might be easier to rent/buy.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search