Kurzweil pc88 sending unwanted modulation data when recording in cubase
New Reply
Subscribe
Mr.Confidence
8th January 2014
Old 8th January 2014
Gear interested

Kurzweil pc88 sending unwanted modulation data when recording in cubase

Anyone out there know how i can "Turn off" this midi send data? I have a relatively old Kurzweil pc88 that i pretty much just use as a controller when tracking. As of late it has been sending controller data in the form of modulation, most likely coming form the modulation wheel (not pitch bend).

Thanks in advance
8th January 2014
Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear

If you wanted to adress in cubase 7, you could use the logical editor (or midi insert plug - input transformer) to strip modulation midi out. Could also use midi/ functions / delete controllers from main midi menu. Could also edit this out from midi in midi editor.

On the pc88, you should be able to change the impact of wheel 2 (which is the mod wheel). To do this, look for the button labelled "contollers". On my pc88mx, its the top right button under zone parameters. Cursor thru until youre at Wheel 2. The first paremeter should read "Ctrl Num: 1 Mod Wheel", dial the data entry knob back two clicks so that it reads "Ctrl Num: None". Note that you will likely need to do this for each zone.

Tom

P.S. The pc88 may be old, but its a great keyboard. I absolutely love mine.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search