Neumann RSM 190 with BS 48i-2 and MTX 190i
New Reply
Subscribe
Ric4001
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Gear nut

Neumann RSM 190 with BS 48i-2 and MTX 190i

I just picked up one of these mics with the BS48I-2 box (w/battery compartment on one side and the 5-pin to stereo XLRs and additional 5 pin out on the other side) and the MTX 190i unit (with its 5 pin out connected to the additional 5 pin of the BS48 and the mic out connected to the mic). Can someone tell me how I can run this system using phantom power? It works fine with the 9V battery and the 2 XLRs plugged into my mixer. If I turn on phantom power on my mixer, I get a screaching type of interference, so I'm guessing you can't power this unit with phantom power through the XLR cables and presumably have to use some sort of additional box that hooks in between the BS48I-2 box and the MTX using the 5 pin cable? I've read the manual and it says you can use phantom power.

EDIT: problem solved. Didn't realize I needed to plug the 5 pin to stereo XLR directly into the MTX if I use phantom power. Once I did that, phantom power worked fine.
23rd August 2013
Old 23rd August 2013
Lives for gear

It has been long time since I used one but connect the mic to the MTX and that to your mixer with phantom on on both channels and batt off in the MTX, you should have the originally included 5 pin to 2x3 pin xlr cable

Matti
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search