I want to be able to listen to someones protools session in real(istic) time
New Reply
Subscribe
phatbeatstudio
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

I want to be able to listen to someones protools session in real(istic) time

I want to be able to listen to someones protools session in real(istic) time remotely. I know there is remote access for computers allowing a person to control the others program. But I need to be able to here it at the same time.

I have no experience with this at all. Does anybody know if this is possible.
What programs would I need to be able to acomplish this.
There are many remote access programs but will they allow me to guide someone in pro tools to collaberate on sessions.
Also is there a program that will let me hear protools in real or realistic time (live streaming or something like that)
Im thinking I might have to use a few programs at the same time to be able to acomplish this.

This is for a project Im trying to start but I have no idea how to get this going

PLEASE ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
I want to be able to listen to someones protools session in real(istic) time remotely. I know there is remote access for computers allowing a person to control the others program. But I need to be able to here it at the same time.

I have no experience with this at all. Does anybody know if this is possible.
What programs would I need to be able to acomplish this.
There are many remote access programs but will they allow me to guide someone in pro tools to collaberate on sessions.
Also is there a program that will let me hear protools in real or realistic time (live streaming or something like that)
Im thinking I might have to use a few programs at the same time to be able to acomplish this.

This is for a project Im trying to start but I have no idea how to get this going

PLEASE ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED
Check this out Remote HD Recording for Audio Professionals | Source Elements Sounds like what you are looking for.

Best of Luck!

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room with a View Productions
Oberlin, OH 44074
www.acoustikmusik.com

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 19 years in the mastering business in 2014
18th July 2013
Old 18th July 2013
Gear Head

You could maybe try Conference XP - ConferenceXP 5.3 Release

It's an open source video conferencing solution, but it's reasonably unique in the video conferencing world in that it lets you prioritise audio quality over video. So, if you've got limited bandwidth you could compress the video quite heavily, but leave the audio uncompressed. You can do screen sharing (although not, I don't think actual remote control) through it too.

It can take a bit of fiddling to get it set up, and it's a bit buggy in areas, but generally speaking it's a reasonably reliable solution. I've used it to allow composers to watch remote orchestral rehearsals of their works, and they've been consistently surprised at the quality of the sound delivered.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search