Service for Changing Lav Connector
New Reply
Subscribe
Liberty Studio
13th July 2013
Old 13th July 2013
Gear nut

Service for Changing Lav Connector

Well, the local ENG place here in Dallas has failed me, and I haven't had luck finding it through a search on here. So forgive me if this is obvious, but I'm looking for a resource that can change the connection on one of my lavs.

I've recently started changing over from Sennheiser G2's to the SK 2000s – and I have plenty of great lavs with the 1/8th in. connection – and I'd like to change one of my COS-11s over the the 3-pin Lemo for the SK2000 transmitter. From what I can tell, it shouldn't need any added resistors. Anyone have a recommendable (and even better, affordable) place to send it for this service? I appreciate it.
13th July 2013
Old 13th July 2013
Lives for gear

Sound Productions (http://www.soundpro.com), maybe? They were a great resource back in the late '90s when I had several years with work in Tejas...

That failing, contact Trew Audio (Location Sound Equipment Sales, Rentals and Service for Film and Video Production | Trew Audio) or TAI Audio (TAI Audio - Location Sound Equipment Sales, Service and Rental - Authorized Dealers of Lectrosonics, Sound Devices, Sennheiser, Etc.) or Location Sound (Location Sound Audio Video Equipment and Accessories Sales & Rentals Los Angeles) all of which have been helpful from a service standpoint in my past.

HTH.

HB
Liberty Studio
13th July 2013
Old 13th July 2013
Gear nut

Thanks! I'll try em' out and post if I discover anything good
13th July 2013
Old 13th July 2013
Lives for gear

Do it yourself maybe ?
Liberty Studio
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear nut

Don't want to do it myself – for this type of stuff I'd prefer to have someone more experienced and equipped for servicing electronics (I need my stuff to be reliable in the field).

I went with Trew Audio. It took them quite awhile (and an expense of 70 dollars plus shipping), but it seems to be working well.
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

What is truly well done and good in life is rarely cheap. Reference the filet and portion of Joseph Phelps 2010 Cabernet I enjoyed at Manny's in Minneapolis last week. The steak was, of course, a perfect medium-medium rare. The meal, a gift from my client.

It crosses many borders, and is true in many disciplines.

HB
8th August 2013
Old 8th August 2013
Gear addict

Send a message via AIM to Larry Elliott Send a message via Skype™ to Larry Elliott
Crikey. So much to install a connector.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search