Login / Register

Tags: , , ,

Sonic Scoop published a pretty cool online article about me and my company...
New Reply
Subscribe
Remoteness
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Cool Sonic Scoop published a pretty cool online article about me and my company...

1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

Neat article.
Remoteness
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks!

I feel that Dave Weiss truly captured the essence of my mindset and dynamic in his article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-boy View Post
Neat article.
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

Great ink, Steve. And he shows you to be an innovative, imaginative practicer of the art. The author does not touch on your kindness and generosity. That would take a whole new article. Hat's off to you.
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Gear Guru

Showing up at the door of Max's Kansas City and talking your way into recording the New York Dolls...

mountaintop@taconic.net

www.joelpatterson.us
Remoteness
1st July 2013
Old 1st July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojum View Post
Great ink, Steve. And he shows you to be an innovative, imaginative practicer of the art. The author does not touch on your kindness and generosity. That would take a whole new article. Hat's off to you.
Thanks, Sandy!

My close friends and associates know exactly where I'm coming from with regards to the kindness and generosity.

Some folks have no clue until they (really) get to know me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Showing up at the door of Max's Kansas City and talking your way into recording the New York Dolls...
Yep, and I did that stunt to impress my girl friend (at the time) who really loved the Dolls.

I had my Sony MX20 eight-channel mixer, a Revox A700 2-track 1/4" tape recorder, eight mics, a Crown D60 power amp and a pair of Koss headphones in the truck of my Oldsmobile Delta 88...

The rest is history!
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear interested

That article truly recreates the experience of walking into the world of Aura Sonic. My first trip to the field shop was last year and it was intoxicating. After seeing the trucks, the racks of gear and seeing Steve in his element for the first time, I was blown away. I came home that night and couldn't shut up about it.

"that...place...was amazing!"
"I've never seen that much gear in my life"

Anyway, kudos to Dave Weiss for capturing the scene and the man in such a perfect way.
Remoteness
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks, Jon!

You have been with us for about a year now, and you still feel this way.
Now, that's pretty freakin' cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLurie View Post
That article truly recreates the experience of walking into the world of Aura Sonic. My first trip to the field shop was last year and it was intoxicating. After seeing the trucks, the racks of gear and seeing Steve in his element for the first time, I was blown away. I came home that night and couldn't shut up about it.

Anyway, kudos to Dave Weiss for capturing the scene and the man in such a perfect way.
Remoteness
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

A great intro to "Remoteness" I'd say! The writer really seemed to get what AS is about, or you explained it to him really well, or both!

philp
Remoteness
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Thanks, philp!

IMO, it was a lot of both. Dave got the serious tour of the field shop and we spent an insane amount of time in Elroy talking about all this Aura-Sonic. There's enough information to do a part II.

Believe it or not, Dave interviewed me last winter.
The article was to be published in March of this year to commemorate our 36 year anniversary.
Since Dave was very busy, it needed to be pushed to July.

In any event, he did a fabulous job, especially since he just wrote the article last week.
He's a great note taker and knows exactly what questions to ask.

More power to Dave Weiss and Sonic Scoop!
He's the real deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post
A great intro to "Remoteness" I'd say! The writer really seemed to get what AS is about, or you explained it to him really well, or both!

philp
2nd July 2013
Old 2nd July 2013
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

congrats Steve, when it comes to live recording, you are the man.
Remoteness
4th July 2013
Old 4th July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Well, there are great live recording engineers out there and I'm just one of them.

I glad to still have the "ear" to keep the dream alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
4th July 2013
Old 4th July 2013
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Dave Weiss from Sonic Scoop just published a pretty awesome online article he wrote about me and my company.

You can check it out here...

Icons: Steve Remote – Pioneering Mobile Production with Aura-Sonic

Man, he did a great job with the piece If I do say so myself.

I hope you get a chance to check it out.
steve youve always struck me as a humble man. it is clear from this article that you are also a genius. the price of your excellence is your total commitment to your work. i consider myself fortunate to work with you from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
Thanks!

I feel that Dave Weiss truly captured the essence of my mindset and dynamic in his article!
in my opinion it's the man that makes the article and you are The Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
i have heard a more detailed version of this story before. i also remember you saying you started taking this hobby seriously after working on that history making live fm radio and cable tv simulcast broadcast with frank zappa back on oct 31 1981.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLurie View Post

you already know how i feel, but i'm going to say it here too. i am in awe of all you have done over the years and to still have so much energy i am envious but very happy for what you have accomplished despite going against all the odds. i still get chills thinking about the few times we have worked together.

would love to see you again. maybe next time I head to nyc or if you’d like to visit us there is always room at the inn for you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philper View Post

philp
it really was an awesome article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
until you hang with steve and get a chance to hear the raw tracks he records as he explains his thought process on how it was tracked and how he takes those great sounding tracks to the next level it seems like an enigma to me because it doesnt have alot to do with the gear he uses. it is more about how he hears it.

I have learned a lot from this awesome guy.
4th July 2013
Old 4th July 2013
Lives for gear

My biggest take away from the article was that I'd like to play with Elroy for about a month, just for fun.

I wonder what my wife would say if Elroy was parked in front of my house and I "disappeared" for a month. Hmmmmmm..........

Tom
Remoteness
15th July 2013
Old 15th July 2013
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Cool

Fuzzy George!

You're one of my biggest fans and I truly appreciate that fact very much my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
steve youve always struck me as a humble man. it is clear from this article that you are also a genius. the price of your excellence is your total commitment to your work. i consider myself fortunate to work with you from time to time.

in my opinion it's the man that makes the article and you are The Man!

i have heard a more detailed version of this story before. i also remember you saying you started taking this hobby seriously after working on that history making live fm radio and cable tv simulcast broadcast with frank zappa back on oct 31 1981.

you already know how i feel, but i'm going to say it here too. i am in awe of all you have done over the years and to still have so much energy i am envious but very happy for what you have accomplished despite going against all the odds. i still get chills thinking about the few times we have worked together.

would love to see you again. maybe next time I head to nyc or if you’d like to visit us there is always room at the inn for you my friend.

it really was an awesome article.

until you hang with steve and get a chance to hear the raw tracks he records as he explains his thought process on how it was tracked and how he takes those great sounding tracks to the next level it seems like an enigma to me because it doesnt have alot to do with the gear he uses. it is more about how he hears it.

I have learned a lot from this awesome guy.

Tom,

I believe your wife will love it because you could "disappear" into your own "world" and it's a satellite structure just about 70 feet from the door of your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-boy View Post
My biggest take away from the article was that I'd like to play with Elroy for about a month, just for fun.

I wonder what my wife would say if Elroy was parked in front of my house and I "disappeared" for a month. Hmmmmmm..........

Tom
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search