Troy Night Out, the May episode
New Reply
Subscribe
joelpatterson
7th June 2013
Old 7th June 2013
Gear Guru

Troy Night Out, the May episode

In addition to the luscious sounds of the Keith Pray Soul Jazz Revival, and the overwhelming variety and intensity of art on display at the annual Fence Show at the Arts Center of the Capital Region, this month we explore the curious novelty which has become almost mandatory for towns of any size: multiple life-size statues scattered all over everywhere, decorated in a dizzying assortment of themes. If you guessed that Troy, New York would pick a jaunty little Uncle Sam lookalike-- you're right!

mountaintop@taconic.net

www.joelpatterson.us
8th June 2013
Old 8th June 2013
Lives for gear

very nice job, as usual, joel.
8th June 2013
Old 8th June 2013
Lives for gear

What is the "tree" looking gizmo at 16:48? And what was that percussion group about?
joelpatterson
8th June 2013
Old 8th June 2013
Gear Guru

I think that's a tambourine tree... might only grow locally, not sure. The group was a massive samba ensemble, the why's or wherefore's, I have no idea to tell you the truth. The square that they're in is at the heart of downtown, and it's usually the scene of some band or other. I like the infant trapped in his mother's sling-- you got to wonder whether it's a positive experience, the relentless clinky-clacky percussion droning on... I could see it easily going either way.
joelpatterson
8th June 2013
Old 8th June 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman View Post
very nice job, as usual, joel.
Thanks-- I still remember you asking, years ago, when these were just audio tours, "why don't you do them in video?" and thinking I will never be able to afford a camera, I will never be able to afford the editing program, what kind of crazy ambitious dreaming is this... which goes to show, when Jim tells you something, better count on it happening!
8th June 2013
Old 8th June 2013
Lives for gear

The baby needs a set of custom molded earplugs, IMO. It looks like the bell is only a few inches from the baby's head.

And yes, to think that one can hold the power of a color TV broadcast camera in one's hand that formerly was confined to the exclusive domain of a TV studio is rather amazing.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search