A Tale of Two Thumbnails
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Guru

A Tale of Two Thumbnails

Ever since the "custom thumbnail" option appeared in my Youtube account, I have been frankly obsessed to the point of mania, nearing a medical condition, of assembling custom thumbnails with texts and fancy borders-- if there are therapies that could help me, I don't want to know about it-- because the tyranny of random frames from the beginning, middle or end, has always been such a hodgepodge of blind luck-- (although-- fortuitous far more often than I'll admit!)

So for this ^ supremely emotional video, a montage of songs by a tragically lost young man, I naturally of course intentionally chose a simple, elegant image: the lone burning candle from the introduction.

So then what to my wondering eyes-- the "random" thumbnail was a big improvement, including not ONLY the video's title but a specific reference to the young man, and also the performer-- conveying a much more coherent picture of what anyone could expect to see by clicking on it.

I tell you, sometimes-- all our thinking and scheming is no match for just letting things happen as they will.
Attached Thumbnails
A Tale of Two Thumbnails-songs-jack-thumb.jpg  
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search