$2000 interface? Apollo, RME UFX, Ensemble...
zypod
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Head

$2000 interface? Apollo, RME UFX, Ensemble...

I'm considering selling my mackie onyx 1640i for a interface with minimum of 16ch and preferably 4 mic pres. At first I was pretty set on the apollo but have recently discovered nebula plugins and I am pretty interested in them which would make a lot of the uad plugins I was looking at less useful. Also after hearing some a/b comparisons with the apollo to other interfaces such as RME UFX and Apogee Symphony I actually preferred the latter.

Currently I own a UA 4-710d preamp, adam a7x's, ashley clx52 comp and an adequate amount of mics for the time being. I'm also thinking of getting another 2 channel pre later in the year. The UAD plugins I'm currently interested in are the 1176, la2a, precision maximazer, studer 800 and apex 102 so if I don't end up getting the apollo I will probably buy a duo satellite down the road.

My main question is what decent $1500 to 2500 interface would you recommend if you were in a similar situation to mine?

I've decided to post this here as I do a lot of my recordings in peoples living rooms, churches, schools and uni's so I guess my home studio set-up is a portable one. Also I'm mostly interested in recording acoustic music although I would record any genre.

Also the current DAW I'm using is Logic but am looking to switch to reaper because of the nebula plugins.

Thanks
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

RmE uFx hands down best deal for sound and features at the price.
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

I just got me an UFX and couldn't be happier. Paired up with my Audient ASP008 I get 12 channels. The sound is crystal clear. Tons of features. Total mix need a bit to be grasped (or maybe I'm just thick) but now I understand that it has close to infinite possibilities as far as routing signals in and out of the box.

I also was looking at the Apollo and in the end got a very good deal on a used UFX and just couldn't let it pass.
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

I just got a UFX too and I love it. Sound is great and features can't be beat IMO - I love the ability to record directly to a USB drive!

-Mike
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear addict

another plus 1 on the ufx.

have mine setup with apogee rosetta and the convertors compete very well

Sent from my GT-S5360
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear
UFX is great. Hard to beat especially if you are recording on location. Lots of good reading about it if you use the search feature.

By the way, why did you start three different threads on this?! I see you are new here, so just a friendly tip that multiple postings like this is frowned upon, bordering on rude IMHO.
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zypod View Post
Also the current DAW I'm using is Logic but am looking to switch to reaper because of the nebula plugins.

Thanks
Happily using Nebula in Logic here (with MH interfaces).
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by edva View Post
zypod
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by neirbod View Post
By the way, why did you start three different threads on this?! I see you are new here, so just a friendly tip that multiple postings like this is frowned upon, bordering on rude IMHO.
sorry yes I am quite new here, I won't do this again
zypod
5th February 2013
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by edva View Post
That's great to hear
Any chance you know the difference between nebula pro 3 and the server version. I'm just a bit confused on their products but am quite interested in attaining their plugins
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search