climber
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Beyonce Super Bowl

Her voice is good but the bass and guitar are inaudible. Not a good mix at all!
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Beyonce Superbowl... Worst 1/2 time show ever?

That sucked so badly. She was lip syncing everything but the last tune.
No wonder the music business is in trouble.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
E_V_B

The mix sounded bad. Maybe it's the tv. Only thing that was bad!
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

I was streaming into the studio computer. I thought her singing sucked. Nice hips though
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear nut

Wonder how much was just tracked, I don't know what the hype is on beyonce she has no catalog. In twenty years nobody will remember her. Whitney Houston on the other hand has such a vast catalog of great songs both her and her catalog will be remembered for generations.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

I don't know if i'd go that far - visually, it was stunning.

I wasn't listening close enough to the whole thing, but couldn't take my eyes off of it. Some of the effects happening on that stage were amazing.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

90% choreographic and 10% music -- which I expected, anyway
PDC
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Whoever voted against Van Halen should have their names revealed on web. Come on. What matches football and good times more?
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
Whoever voted against Van Halen should have their names revealed on web. Come on. What matches football and good times more?
I said to a mate that Prince should just have a Superbowl residency.

You know you'd get a world class show each year.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Is Van Halen even still a thing? No promoter in their right mind is going to book a band that's so notorious for cancelling tours and shows (and squabbling and in-fighting and all the rest) for the Superbowl. Ridiculous though it may seem, the world is watching.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

I dont understand, overweight black woman with blond hair that cant sing.
Its not music i will buy. Call me old but id rather see rock music. I dont understand any of this. Im only 40 but give me a diaper wearing gray haired second rate rock star any day. We call this pop culture year 2013. Im going to pass downloading the mp3 for free.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I don't know if i'd go that far - visually, it was stunning.

I wasn't listening close enough to the whole thing, but couldn't take my eyes off of it. Some of the effects happening on that stage were amazing.
Agreed, visually it was very good. The actual singing was awful though.
climber
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Ok, turn off th halftime show now... No, no, not that one. Not THAT one!!!!!!!
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheRed View Post
Is Van Halen even still a thing?
well yeah, they still tour not to mention they are the greatest pure live band ever. With all this hooplah of bands faking it in the studio these day and lipsynching live, VH exemplifies a interactive collection of musicians known as "a band" . Live and studio. No other band can claim less overdubs than them. it was all them and only them all the time.

I always though t RATM was one of the greatest live bands ever but Tom Morello always said if there was a Universal battle of the bands he would want VH to represent planet earth and the solar system. And he's right. No other band before or after was as good as VH live. No lasers, no pyro, no backstage musicians or funny show business antics. It was just 4 guys playing live and they sounded better live than in the studio. And like someone posted earlier in this thread VH was always about the good time and that's what music was meant to be.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear addict

Sorry, Beyonce is a total pro on a stage..best SB "spectacle" ever, period

I've learned not even try to judge these performances based on "sound" or "live or memorex" because you already know it's there and it's just a moot point..it has not a thing to do with the performer.

..Prince was good but this was a bit tighter to me in terms of a complete show...10 minute show.

..Plus, Beyonce just has a powerful energy, she's extremely engaging. I thought it was great. If you've ever seen her live you would understand..she produces a total top shelf show. Im not even a huge fan of her's (my kids are) but I've seen her and she is formidable when she hits the stage.

and she's just plain hot as helllllll so that raises her marks..it just does...even the chicks give her extra points for that.
PDC
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
PDC
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTheRed View Post
Is Van Halen even still a thing? No promoter in their right mind is going to book a band that's so notorious for cancelling tours and shows (and squabbling and in-fighting and all the rest) for the Superbowl. Ridiculous though it may seem, the world is watching.
They are a thing. The shows they played last year were great, got great press, and sold well enough.

The only reason they canceled the tour was Ed's near death health and emergency operation.

Colon Eruption: Stay Strong, Eddie Van Halen
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear addict

Beyonce (to sound guy): Turn Michelle and Kelly's mics down!

Sent from my Droid
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
I was streaming into the studio computer. I thought her singing sucked. Nice hips though
Oh dem hips.... she was singing? I didn't notice....
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchicago View Post
If you've ever seen her live you would understand...
Shame none of us watching the Superbowl did

No doubt she's a great performer, just musically there was nothing there for me, and I actually don't mind some of her stuff.

I just don't think this would rate up there with the great Superbowl performances. I personally don't think it would even get close.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry, Beyonce is a total pro on a stage..best SB "spectacle" ever, period

I've learned not even try to judge these performances based on "sound" or "live or memorex" because you already know it's there and it's just a moot point..it has not a thing to do with the performer.

..Prince was good but this was a bit tighter to me in terms of a complete show...10 minute show.

..Plus, Beyonce just has a powerful energy, she's extremely engaging. I thought it was great. If you've ever seen her live you would understand..she produces a total top shelf show. Im not even a huge fan of her's (my kids are) but I've seen her and she is formidable when she hits the stage.

and she's just plain hot as helllllll so that raises her marks..it just does...even the chicks give her extra points for that.
Sorry but she's horrible.
Maybe copared to current "Artists" she might stand out, but when you compare that show to past Superbowl shows, she was totally lame.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Shame none of us watching the Superbowl did

No doubt she's a great performer, just musically there was nothing there for me, and I actually don't mind some of her stuff.

I just don't think this would rate up there with the great Superbowl performances. I personally don't think it would even get close.
+1.
exactly.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear nut

definitely not worse than the Black Eyed Peas a few years ago...
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Oh dem hips.... she was singing? I didn't notice....
+1

hahaha!

Good thing your monitors were turned down
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Half game show, no show. If you were commenting on the visual excitement, they should have brought out some poles...not the type of half time entertainment for the pop warner kiddies. Overall, probably the least memorable in the last 5 years.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear addict

Horrible? Really?

That's an awfully strong word, sounds a bit extreme to say "horrible".

(Edited here because i was not accurate in my suggestion that loopy was the o.p., sorry)

That's cool, Brohamilton.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny C View Post
Half game show, no show. If you were commenting on the visual excitement, they should have brought out some poles...not the type of half time entertainment for the pop warner kiddies. Overall, probably the least memorable in the last 5 years.
Stripper poles!!
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Horrible? Really?

That's an awfully strong word, sounds a bit extreme to say "horrible".

oops, now i got it..you're the original poster so now i understand..you're gonna go down fighting..

That's cool, Brohamilton.
It WAS horrible.
Even the CBS commentators weren't gushing over it like they usually do.
Totally forgettable.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD1176 View Post
Yep... They were pretty bad. I think Beyonce was worse though. But maybe a toss up.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Not to give the show any credit but your are true.

The best I have saw so far.....

Prince
ZZ Top

Don't get me wrong I like the pop thing but it's more about image than anything.
I never watch awards, grammy etc, it's all a fashion show.
4th February 2013
Old 4th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, the BEPs were by far the worst. Maybe because the last 2-3 years have been so bad, I wasn`t expecting much from Beyonce so I wasn`t really disappointed. She is sure easy to look at though.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search