Si Compact MADI card w/ RME card recording
New Reply
Subscribe
droidtn
23rd October 2012
Old 23rd October 2012
Gear interested

Si Compact MADI card w/ RME card recording

Hey guys/gals. My church has an Si Compact 32. We plan to multitrack record with a MADI card out to an RME MADI card into a mac pro (about 3-4 years old). with Logic and a Apogee Rosetta 200 as a master clock.

I have no experience with RME or MADI, does anyone have any advice or suggestions about this setup. Anyone know how the pres are on the Si Compact to record with? Even better, does anyone use a similar setup now?

Thanks!!

Andrew
25th October 2012
Old 25th October 2012
Gear maniac

Hi Andrew

There is certainly nothing alarming about what you are suggesting. RME's implementation of MADI is second to none and Si Compact is a great desk.

If you encounter any difficulty, let me know as we have a good relationship with Soundcraft whose development is just down the road here in the UK (in fact Studer is on the same site). We haven't used the MADI cards yet with the Si but I am sure it will do the job and at least there isn't a horrible bunch of looms to plug in for direct outs!! :-)

Matt
droidtn
26th October 2012
Old 26th October 2012
Gear interested

Thanks Matt. I appreciate it. I will definitely let you know. I think it will work pretty good.
I just have to setup the Si with the right gain structure for recording. Love to get a Joe Co recorder as a backup.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search