Tags:

My remote of the month
bjornson
1st October 2003
Old 1st October 2003
Lives for gear

My remote of the month

I get a call about doing a remote at a really nice sounding theatre near pittsburgh (palace theatre). The call went something like this: A singer songwriter is going to perform to a sold out house...... With an orchestra......and dancers.......and Imag.....with a video truck. but the orchestras not going to be really playing, only the soloists in each section, piano, harp, lead and bg vox. The rest will "fake it". I love a challenge so I hired an arranger and recorded the "orchestra" tracks at my place, then mixed an 8 channel stem to a Da98. st strings, st brass, st winds, perc and click. Then at the gig I split the output of the PB da98 to FOH, Mon and my broom closet "control room" while 3 additional locked Da38s recorded all the above live elements + 6 audience mics and 2 "clogger" floor mics during the show. Click appeared only in conductors hotspot. I watched a crappy 9" B+W monitor and played the songs back from my DA remote loc points while "sweating it".
Next day I dumped all the elements into tools repaired some vocal snafus and mixed. Delivered a TC dat to the post house and all was well. If you see "Cahall Dunne live" on PBS at 4 in the morning, Thats me!
1st October 2003
Old 1st October 2003
Lives for gear

Cool session report! thats getting it done baby!
1st October 2003
Old 1st October 2003
Super Moderator

bjornson
1st October 2003
Old 1st October 2003
Lives for gear

That would be it! complete w/ the balloon drop! and for the record thats one of his "conservative" costumes The green sparkle suit took the cake!
1st October 2003
Old 1st October 2003
Super Moderator

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search