bgrotto
24th June 2010
Old 24th June 2010
Lives for gear

Live at Mad Oak!

Hello, everyone. I don't post a lot in this section, and maybe this thread would be better-suited for the Good News section, but I wanted to share an ongoing project I've been really excited about that I think you folks might have some interest in.

We've been doing a monthly concert series at my studio, Mad Oak, featuring local talent performing in front of an invite-only audience, multitracked and captured by an array of 3-5 cameras. The show is mixed live-to-2, and then we go back and revisit a favorite song or two to do a more detailed mix, which then gets sent to mastering (c/o the phenomenally-talented Jeff Lipton of Peerless Mastering) and finally, a video cut by local filmmaker Michael Gill of Circumvision.

We make the live-to-2 mix available the very same night of the show, and audience members can sign a mailing list to receive the show in its entirety via email the next day.

This is all done at no cost to anyone; it is 100% supported by the studio and the artists who donate their time and energy.

It's been a lot of fun for me as a music fan, and a great learning experience for me as an engineer: really learning the space, dealing with and eventually embracing the bleed; the excitement of a live-to-2 mix. It's proving to be great experience.

Anyway, we've finally amassed enough material to put together a YouTube channel, which I thought I would share here. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do!

The videos can be found here:

YouTube - LiveatMadOakStudio's Channel

Thanks for watching/listening!
bgrotto
16th July 2010
Old 16th July 2010
Lives for gear

We've just added a new video. Please have a look either via the Youtube link above, or on our studio Facebook page: Welcome to Facebook

Thanks!
18th July 2010
Old 18th July 2010
Gear interested

Nice work! I subscribed to your channel.
bgrotto
18th July 2010
Old 18th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusF View Post
Nice work! I subscribed to your channel.
Cool, thanks a lot!
18th July 2010
Old 18th July 2010
Lives for gear

B,
I am often checking out those videos.
Lord Fontleroy made my freakin' week!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
19th July 2010
Old 19th July 2010
Lives for gear

Sounds great!