Tags:

In awe of you hardcore remote guys!
New Reply
Subscribe
Ted Nightshade
25th May 2003
Old 25th May 2003
Lives for gear

Thumbs up In awe of you hardcore remote guys!

Just posting this to say I'm enjoying lurking and amazed by the thoroughness and preparedness of you hardcore remote guys. I have a fantasy of doing something similar on a much smaller scale, it's great to be able to pick your brains.

Thanks!
26th May 2003
Old 26th May 2003
Gear maniac

i know what you mean. i dig this forum.

i've been lucky to hang (sometimes work) with a few of the real (big time) remotesters and it's amazing what they go thru and how they go about making it work.

kuddos to you all.
27th May 2003
Old 27th May 2003
Super Moderator

My Recordings/Credits

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm glad I can help. I trust the others feel the same way.

Keep the Q&A coming...
12th June 2003
Old 12th June 2003
Gearslutz.com admin

My Recordings/Credits

18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Gear nut

Send a message via AIM to Inky Goddess
Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Nightshade:
Just posting this to say I'm enjoying lurking and amazed by the thoroughness and preparedness of you hardcore remote guys.
This is how I started out here too...lurking.

I've been around recording studios, and I've been the guest of several FOH dudes at live gigs, but to combine those two functions, and to interface with so many diverse "interface-ables," sometimes in weather, and bringing all that gear, making it work, all for the purpose of preserving a piece of history...dang. With all due respect, I can relate to your profession via my personal experience as a party manager for a catering outfit. I was responsible for bringing an entire restaurant per se to any site the client desired...but keeping the food hot or cold and making sure you have enough napkins takes merely organization and no talent whatsoever. Believe me, our clients will forget the tepid Swedish meatballs a long time before yours forget a muddy vocal and the studio dub that wasn't usable because of the leakage from the live vocal through the overheads.

You guys really are awesome. Thanks for your thoroughness and preparedness.

it is said that the lord works in mysterious ways; however, it benefits us more to proceed cautiously knowing that karma's behavior is perfectly predictable.
©2004 L.E. ( just quote me)
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Inky Goddess
I've been the guest of several FOH dudes at live gigs,
And if your avatar is anything like you, Isuspect that you've been the 'quest' of several FOH dudes...

(Sexist mode off)

Java Jive Studio
www.javajivestudio.com
Nashville, TN
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Gear nut

Dave, let's straighten out the perspective here...

First, the times I was an FOH guest, the dudes had already been conquered.

Second, I purloined my avatar from www.wickedtemptations.com, my favorite slutty clothing site. As for "anything like it," as a matter of fact, I'm very curvy, but I lack the silicone, and could use some exercise to drop a few (just a few) pounds. The tone is there, though, underneath all my good cookin'...but not too far from the surface.

Overheard from the Peanut Gallery: Tee-hee-hee, the girl says she's got tone!

And last but not least, you live in a beautiful city. When I was there it seemed so unselfconsciously relaxed and confident, just like a distinguished old southern gentleman at a family reunion. It made me crave a cold glass of lemonade, I swear it. I love the whole state of Tennesee, it's mellowness, and those Smoky Mountains look to me like Heaven on Earth. Maybe one day I'll live there...I would dwell as the morning mist in the tranquil valleys delineating those grand and sparkling charcoal palisades, upsetting nothing and enveloping everything; as vital and as real a part of nature as any singing bird or time-worn river rock...

:::from deep within, a profound and wistful sigh escapes her lips, and indeed her very being:::
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Moderator emeritus

Quote:

I would dwell as the morning mist in the tranquil valleys delineating those grand and sparkling charcoal palisades, upsetting nothing and enveloping everything; as vital and as real a part of nature as any singing bird or time-worn river rock...
A truly lovely sentiment....

But you didn't mention the humidity or the ticks...
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Gear nut

Dave, the morning mist is a form of humidity; I was being tactful. It is also impervious to ticks; however, the morning mist wouldn't feel free to use chemicals to fend off the pesky critters. I would.

Anyway sir, didn't your mama teach you not to disturb a lady when she's dreaming? I know she did, shame on you! tutt

Yours so very truly,
Sleeping Beauty
The Wrong Coast, USA
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Moderator emeritus

Quote:

Anyway sir, didn't your mama teach you not to disturb a lady when she's dreaming?
Indeed she did - please accept my abject apologies. I should have been in the kitchen brewing a pot of coffee. That would have allowed you the luxury of peaceful dreams, roused only by the smell of fresh ground Columbian and blueberry muffins.
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Gear nut

God help me, but I do love southern gentlemen! That charm, those thoughtful ways...

And don'tchy'all disbelieve the man when he says he'd have that coffee and those muffins in the kitchen. That's how it is down south. A smart mama schools her boys in the art of charming a lady, and the smart sons learn well.

The dumb sons don't learn and end up in trailer parks with snaggle-toothed fat chicks, and sometimes on Jerry Springer, just like dumb males throughout the rest of the country.

Now where was I? Oh yeah...Dave, is that fresh sweet butter I see over there on the counter?
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
God help me, but I do love southern gentlemen! That charm, those thoughtful ways...
Now where was I? Oh yeah...Dave, is that fresh sweet butter I see over there on the counter?
Yes ma'am. My wife cooks with it... She's an excellent muffin baker...
18th May 2004
Old 18th May 2004
Gear nut

Right on, sir! And ma'am!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search