Well, there were fifteem mics used that morning, though 16 are set up (When I swapped the RCA 77b for the Royer, we unplugged the RCA but didn't take it down).
This set up was to record some examples that will accompany an article on recording Hammond organs and Leslie cabinets for Recording Magazine.www.recordingmag.com
that ought to be out in the next month or so.The reason for putting them all up like that is so the performance wouldn't be a variable.
There will be 8 examples:
1. R84's at a 45 degree angle with an RE20 low.
2. UM 47's at 180 degrees with a Lawson L47 low (All three mics aboout 20" from the cab)
3. SM57 high 421 low.
4. Royer 122 5 feet away (also RCA in the same position - the Royer will be used in the article)
5. KSM 44 2 feet away - in front of the cabinet
6. Pearl CO22 Omni mic 10 feet away
7. 2 AKG 480's at 180 degrees with 421 low.
8. 421 high and KM 184 low.