sfoote
7th April 2008
Old 7th April 2008
Gear addict

Question Anamod in live rig - am I crazy?

So it could be that I had two margaritas for lunch on Saturday, but I decided for this small, narrow, high ceiling bar and a solo vox/guitar gig to drag out some expensive studio gear and see what it sounds like.

I took the A-Designs MP-2a, Anamod, and Lexicon PCM91 and played them through my Nexo PS-10s.

Yowser. It sounded so amazing. The warmth from the tubes gave me the intimacy I wanted. The Anamod was doing something kind of compression like - subtle, but basically exactly what I've always been trying to do with compressors on vox. The Lexicon was doing it's thickening thing (and I had to dial it back versus the studio for the obvious crappy room dynamics).

So, now I'm thinking about hauling around very expensive equipment for what is essentially a hobby. I've been happy with the Yamaha 01v96 cause it conveniently includes all things i would need in a rack - reverb compression. It sounds fine, and it sounds better than the mixwiz and RNC compressors that i had previously

So my question: am I crazy? are there lower end alternatives that I should be considering?
9th April 2008
Old 9th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoote View Post
So my question: am I crazy? are there lower end alternatives that I should be considering?
Fulltone | Tube Tape Echo
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search