Tags:

Portable Delay for Field recording AUD+Soundboard Matrix
New Reply
Subscribe
datgeek
22nd October 2002
Old 22nd October 2002
Gear interested

Send a message via ICQ to datgeek Send a message via AIM to datgeek Send a message via Yahoo to datgeek
Portable Delay for Field recording AUD+Soundboard Matrix

Hello out there,
I do Live Feild recording using a 2 channel stereo Mic rig and am searching for a DC Powered Delay I can use when adding a Soundboard mix to my AUG Mics.. I cant find one... the nearest thing I have found so far is the Behringer "Shark DSP 110" But it has an adapter that provides 3 different DC Voltages so I cannot modify it to be Straight DC.
I have found several Rack mounted AC powered units but I use a stand alone feild rig and hope someone here can help.

current setup =
2x AKG C3000 Mics > Edirol UA-5 Preamp > Sony VAIO FXA36 Laptop > WavLab 4

Everyone I have asked so far tells me to do it in wavlab later, I am NOT recording 4 track so I do not have this option, I need real time....

thanks in advance
23rd October 2002
Old 23rd October 2002
Gear maniac

Send a message via AIM to JayCrouch
Re: Portable Delay for Feild recording AUD+Soundboard Matrix

datgeek - now that you are recording to a mobile DAW, you need to change your name to at least VaioGeek!

anyways - here's my take on the task..

Quote:
Originally posted by datgeek

current setup =
2x AKG C3000 Mics > Edirol UA-5 Preamp > Sony VAIO FXA36 Laptop > WavLab 4
You have a Edirol UA-5, that also gives you a s/pdif i/o along with the two mic or line level analog inputs. Almost every smaller computer inface I have come across or set clients up with can input from both the analog and the s/pdif inputs simultaneously. You will have to make a choice for your Software of choice to make the s/pdif the master clock, or you may have to set the s/pdif to slave of the internal clock of your software. This I have often found is device specific, especially with whatever is feeding the s/pdif system.

If you can use a Software program for PC that can record more than 2-tracks of audio - you can then begin your search for something DC powerable that has a stereo analog input (for your board feed, you would only usually need a mono input anyways).

There are some things out there you can dig up for cheap like the flying cow low end ADC from MidiMan/M-Audio. This would give you a box that you could power of some sort of lead acid or nicad DC pack, and then output s/pdif to you UA-5, and be all set to enter mix once you get home from the show and actually take alittle control into your recording..

You could always also run something s/pdif input and set that pair of track to delay accordingly if you wanted to output a mix to tapes in real time (in the event you are recording taper-friendly concerts where you might have some people wanting to take a patch out of your rig)

let us know how your gig works out...

Everyone I have asked so far tells me to do it in wavlab later, I am NOT recording 4 track so I do not have this option, I need real time....

[/B][/QUOTE]
datgeek
23rd October 2002
Old 23rd October 2002
Gear interested

Send a message via ICQ to datgeek Send a message via AIM to datgeek Send a message via Yahoo to datgeek
thanks you for the great Ideas, unfortunatly the UA-5 has a Switch for the INput, Either analog OR digital, I can't do both....

I have considered running a seperate unit (Like a seperate external sound card) for the Board mix and running 4 track, but I was really hopping for a Delay..

you mentioned patchers, yes I ussually have TONS of people patching off my rigs, and for this reason I want to be able to have a real time patch for them....

so if anyone knows od a DC powered delay I am seaching (and I am patient)

DAWGEEK maybe ?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search