Any use for these records?
New Reply
Subscribe
Erebus
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear interested

Any use for these records?

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this, if that is the case I apologize. I'm not selling them, so thought it may be ok, & more people will see them in the Hip Hop section.

Probably be no interest in these anyway, but I have these records I will give away for FREE, pay the shipping & they are yours; I only want to send them to one person to make it easier / quicker. If you want these let me know, give me your zip code & I will pack & weigh them & let you know the cost of postage. The cost should be pretty cheap I would think. There are 11 records, two are double disc sets. See below for specs / pics.

They are DUSTY, a little dirty & have finger prints, so will NEED cleaned. I don’t think most have any bad scratches, but one maybe two do have some scratches, I make no guarantees, I only took a couple out for pics. The Masta Killa single appears to still be sealed in plastic, so not sure if it was ever opened, good song though! It does have some sort of cut in the cardboard holder. Same with the Brina from II True of MO THUGS record; sealed, but this one looks a little out of shape from sitting in the closet.

I got these several years ago for testing a record player I had, but been cleaning up around here & have no use for these, was going to use them for wall art in the music room here as I enjoy many of these records, LOL, but tired of unused stuff lying around & trying to get rid of stuff. The record player was nothing special & I got it out a couple months ago to find the drive belt worn, so I donated it to the local second hand store with a bunch of other junk. I just got these out of the closet where they’ve been for several years.

If someone can use these cool, if not will give them to the thrift store, just not sure when I’m going there again & I mail stuff regularly, so I’m often at the post office and mailing them is easy for me.

Quick list:

Krayzie Bone: Thug Mentality single
Brina (from II True of MO THUGS): Bout The Paper & Darkside Party
Detroit’s Most Wanted: Legalize It
Funk Master Flex / Big Kap: The Tunnel (this is a double set)
Geto Boyz: Six Feet Deep Single
Masta Killa: Digi Warfare b/w No Said Date single
5th Ward Boyz: Busta Free & One Night Stand
Vicious Bass Promo Copy (I love Drop your Bass the sequel, old bass classic)
MAC: Shell Shocked full double disc album
Shade Sheist: Wake Up, Co-Starring Nate Dogg & Warren G (single)
Eazy-E: Luv 4 dem gangsta’z (single)

14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear interested

PM`d
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear interested

Because of high shipping rates to EU, i didn`t take these. So anyone who`s interested, let Erebus know.
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

If under $10 to ship to 38104, I know my friend will want them. Sending media mail thru USPS will prob be cheapest.

They will go great with his other 45775347875 vinyl. He's getting close to fire hazard status, haha! A pic of a bit of his collection was even on NPR's site talking about Tennessee music.

We are about to start digitally transferring them taking loops, breaks & one shots.
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizp View Post
Because of high shipping rates to EU, i didn`t take these. So anyone who`s interested, let Erebus know.
Again, no problem man, the costs to you are much higher then I would have thought, I would not pay that either! Thanks for your interest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLeoLeo View Post
If under $10 to ship to 38104, I know my friend will want them. Sending media mail thru USPS will prob be cheapest.

They will go great with his other 45775347875 vinyl. He's getting close to fire hazard status, haha! A pic of a bit of his collection was even on NPR's site talking about Tennessee music.

We are about to start digitally transferring them taking loops, breaks & one shots.
I’ll check the rates to your zip tomorrow & get back to you. I actually looked into media mail before posting these (I've done a lot of shipping over the years, but never used media). From reading other forums where people mail a lot of records, it seems often times they get delivered fine, but sometimes records get refused or returned if inspected by some people and marked as not media for whatever reason; I’m not sure if I want to take that chance with that. But again, will get back to you tomorrow. Hopefully it is cheap, if not these will likely be going to the thrift store sometime!

Sounds like your friend has a cool collection, this was about as far as I got with records, lol. Now I no longer have a player, so, don't think I will get back into it after all these years & never personally got into sampling from them.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search