Early Three 6 Mafia synths?
New Reply
Subscribe
phuk
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear interested

Early Three 6 Mafia synths?

Can someone identify the synths on the older Mafia records used on Mystic Stylez or how to get that sound?
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear addict

A lot of that stuff was sampled on mystic stylez. They recorded that album to tape I remember.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

Like said that was mostly samples. They got a lot of them from horror movie soundtracks & end credit scores. I remember mpc's, asr10's, and boss dr samples, & korg x3's around the studios.

Any work that was done at Prophet posse studio would have been cut on tascam da-88's, mackie 24x8, berienger tube compressor, & a U87. I not 100% sure, but I think that was cut at cotton row studios then. Which would have prob have been da88's too. Everyone carried a duffle bag of those tapes. Haha. Lil pat did a lot of the engineering/mixing. Larry nix would have mastered it most likely.
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear addict

it was done at cotton row i remember the good ol days of memphis music. you tell their mixing changed once lil pat left. I believe lil pat was not mixing for them around the mystic stylez days. I think larry did all the mixing. I think Lil pat came on board when they got their own studio.
phuk
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLeoLeo View Post
Like said that was mostly samples. They got a lot of them from horror movie soundtracks & end credit scores. I remember mpc's, asr10's, and boss dr samples, & korg x3's around the studios.

Any work that was done at Prophet posse studio would have been cut on tascam da-88's, mackie 24x8, berienger tube compressor, & a U87. I not 100% sure, but I think that was cut at cotton row studios then. Which would have prob have been da88's too. Everyone carried a duffle bag of those tapes. Haha. Lil pat did a lot of the engineering/mixing. Larry nix would have mastered it most likely.
damn how do you know all this?
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear interested

13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuk View Post
how do you know all this?
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuk View Post
damn how do you know all this?
Ummmmm.. because he's a Legendary engineer from Memphis..lol.. D.J. paul is a music head.. Paul and Juicy J were very sample heavy..but most of their synths were Roland. 1080 racks, w30 keyboards
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear interested

Pics or it didn't happen.
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Lives for gear

My Recordings/Credits

I know about the prophet posse studio cause my rehearsal spot was next to door to it when I was in high school. Just been in the scene a long time.

Larry nix is just a mastering engineer, he doesn't mix. I'm strictly guessing that since it was done at cotton row, it could have been niko lyras or maybe slice tee just knowing the era. Paul can engineer too.
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear addict

Yeah your right. I got them 2 mixed up it been so long...I remember niko mixed the skinny pimp king of the playaz ball album. I recorded a couple tracks at cotton and at the same time they were doing the king of the playaz ball album and playa g told me he did most the producing of keyboards on it, but didn't get nearly the credit he deserved.
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
Gear addict

If you want some some of the classic synths look for a roland xp30 or 50
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Yeah your right. I got them 2 mixed up it been so long...I remember niko mixed the skinny pimp king of the playaz ball album. I recorded a couple tracks at cotton and at the same time they were doing the king of the playaz ball album and playa g told me he did most the producing of keyboards on it, but didn't get nearly the credit he deserved.
Actually Paul,Juicy,and Lil Pat did all the keyboard on that album
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
Actually Paul,Juicy,and Lil Pat did all the keyboard on that album
if you go into the credits you will see where it says keyboards by playa g. i'll have to go get the cd insert from my other house. Midnight Hoes was a pure playa g piano. so was multiple other songs. Lil pat did some but playa g as hetold me did about 80% of the keyboards on that cd.

http://www.rapmusicguide.com/amass/i...all%20open.jpg
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search