Login / Register
 
Early Three 6 Mafia synths?
New Reply
Subscribe
phuk
Thread Starter
#1
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #1
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 5

Thread Starter
phuk is offline
Early Three 6 Mafia synths?

Can someone identify the synths on the older Mafia records used on Mystic Stylez or how to get that sound?
#2
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #2
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 447

trevon is offline
A lot of that stuff was sampled on mystic stylez. They recorded that album to tape I remember.
__________________
Steady Sounds Music Group.
Enigineering credits:Yo Gotti, DJ Squeeky, Evil Pimp, Pastor Troy, Lil Flip, and more
#3
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #3
Lives for gear
 
LeoLeoLeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,194
My Recordings/Credits

LeoLeoLeo is offline
Like said that was mostly samples. They got a lot of them from horror movie soundtracks & end credit scores. I remember mpc's, asr10's, and boss dr samples, & korg x3's around the studios.

Any work that was done at Prophet posse studio would have been cut on tascam da-88's, mackie 24x8, berienger tube compressor, & a U87. I not 100% sure, but I think that was cut at cotton row studios then. Which would have prob have been da88's too. Everyone carried a duffle bag of those tapes. Haha. Lil pat did a lot of the engineering/mixing. Larry nix would have mastered it most likely.
__________________
www.leogoffmusic.com
#4
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #4
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 447

trevon is offline
it was done at cotton row i remember the good ol days of memphis music. you tell their mixing changed once lil pat left. I believe lil pat was not mixing for them around the mystic stylez days. I think larry did all the mixing. I think Lil pat came on board when they got their own studio.
phuk
Thread Starter
#5
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #5
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 5

Thread Starter
phuk is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLeoLeo View Post
Like said that was mostly samples. They got a lot of them from horror movie soundtracks & end credit scores. I remember mpc's, asr10's, and boss dr samples, & korg x3's around the studios.

Any work that was done at Prophet posse studio would have been cut on tascam da-88's, mackie 24x8, berienger tube compressor, & a U87. I not 100% sure, but I think that was cut at cotton row studios then. Which would have prob have been da88's too. Everyone carried a duffle bag of those tapes. Haha. Lil pat did a lot of the engineering/mixing. Larry nix would have mastered it most likely.
damn how do you know all this?
#6
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #6
Gear interested
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 18

Desecrated is offline
#7
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #7
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5

3499CALI is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuk View Post
how do you know all this?
#8
13th January 2014
Old 13th January 2014
  #8
Lives for gear
 
bigyo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis Tn
Posts: 733

bigyo is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuk View Post
damn how do you know all this?
Ummmmm.. because he's a Legendary engineer from Memphis..lol.. D.J. paul is a music head.. Paul and Juicy J were very sample heavy..but most of their synths were Roland. 1080 racks, w30 keyboards
#9
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
  #9
Gear interested
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5

3499CALI is offline
Pics or it didn't happen.
#10
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
  #10
Lives for gear
 
LeoLeoLeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,194
My Recordings/Credits

LeoLeoLeo is offline
I know about the prophet posse studio cause my rehearsal spot was next to door to it when I was in high school. Just been in the scene a long time.

Larry nix is just a mastering engineer, he doesn't mix. I'm strictly guessing that since it was done at cotton row, it could have been niko lyras or maybe slice tee just knowing the era. Paul can engineer too.
#11
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
  #11
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 447

trevon is offline
Yeah your right. I got them 2 mixed up it been so long...I remember niko mixed the skinny pimp king of the playaz ball album. I recorded a couple tracks at cotton and at the same time they were doing the king of the playaz ball album and playa g told me he did most the producing of keyboards on it, but didn't get nearly the credit he deserved.
#12
14th January 2014
Old 14th January 2014
  #12
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 447

trevon is offline
If you want some some of the classic synths look for a roland xp30 or 50
#13
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
  #13
Lives for gear
 
bigyo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis Tn
Posts: 733

bigyo is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Yeah your right. I got them 2 mixed up it been so long...I remember niko mixed the skinny pimp king of the playaz ball album. I recorded a couple tracks at cotton and at the same time they were doing the king of the playaz ball album and playa g told me he did most the producing of keyboards on it, but didn't get nearly the credit he deserved.
Actually Paul,Juicy,and Lil Pat did all the keyboard on that album
#14
15th January 2014
Old 15th January 2014
  #14
Gear addict
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 447

trevon is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo View Post
Actually Paul,Juicy,and Lil Pat did all the keyboard on that album
if you go into the credits you will see where it says keyboards by playa g. i'll have to go get the cd insert from my other house. Midnight Hoes was a pure playa g piano. so was multiple other songs. Lil pat did some but playa g as hetold me did about 80% of the keyboards on that cd.

http://www.rapmusicguide.com/amass/i...all%20open.jpg
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.