How to get that kick and snare (in your face) m phazes beat
doogzone
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Gear Head

16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Lives for gear

Honestly.........just sounds like the drums are just turned up. That's it. Fader.
doogzone
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
Gear Head

thanks for reply
for sure drums are louder! but don't you think there is kind of room reverb on them or delay what makes them sound seperate from melody?
16th August 2013
Old 16th August 2013
I just took a quick listen on my laptop, so I could be wrong, but I don't think the snare is mono. In fact, it sounded almost excessively stereo. Some kinda slappy-room ambience in wide stereo bouncing around or something.

Anyway, yeah, you want that drum sound, just turn it up loud, add a slappy-room ambience in wide stereo.

The backing arrangement helps, in that there's not a heckuva lot of upper midrange information masking the drum sound. I also wonder if the perceived volumes of the midrange and top of the kick and hats (which are low, relative to the snare) don't force the snare to the front of the balance. If you imagined a real drummer playing that groove on a real kit, he'd be NAILING the snare, and just barely touching the kick and hihat.
17th August 2013
Old 17th August 2013
Gear maniac

i like bgrotto's response. and its clearly not just the drums turned up.
17th August 2013
Old 17th August 2013
Gear interested

When I want to get a snare to snap, I use a distortion plug in. Just distort it a little bit to make the high end pop more.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search