Interface 2i2 and ultrasone 900
New Reply
Subscribe
traw
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Gear maniac

Interface 2i2 and ultrasone 900

So I have just received my ultrasone 900s and focusrite 2i2 but it doesn't feel like they are being pushed enough. Does anyone use a headphone amp with theirs? Will it hurt the ability to mix?
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Gear maniac

Just a thought, as opposed to buying a headphone amp, I would start setting some cheddar aside to pickup a decent set of nearfield monitors (if youre able to setup monitors in your space). Mixing with cans is always going to be an uphill battle.

I had the same pair of headphones that I used to keep in my travel bag along with my 770s...I used them mostly for production and sequencing on the road or on a plane, etc...
I was never able to get a good translation out of them....everything I did always had to be remixed once I got back in the studio.

Save yourself the time and headaches, and make monitors a piority if you can. A lot of people brush it off until they spend countless hours going back to remix andvremix and remix after they reference their mixes on other systems. Eventually, you will come to see what I mean....
traw
15th August 2013
Old 15th August 2013
Gear maniac

I would love to but stuck in an apartment situation that is a no go. I have a good pair of Krk in a house when that was a house and trust its nothing like monitors but I have no other choice.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+ 

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search